UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Driver/Clerk in Mariupol.
Under the overall supervision of the Technical Specialist (Recovery and Peacebuilding) and direct supervision of the Administrative Associate in Kramatorsk/Severodonetsk, the Driver/Clerk will be responsible for maintaining and driving office armored/soft vehicles.
Summary of key functions:
- Timely and safe driving of programme employees, consultants, guests, visitors, UNDP staff at the authorization from the programme management and UNDSS;
- Performing tasks related to the daily maintenance of the vehicle;
- Maintaining daily vehicle logs (mileage, fuel consumption, travel routs, signature of passengers) and submitting logs to Administrative Associate in Kramatorsk/Severodonetsk on a timely basis;
- Ensuring that repair and maintenance services are done on armored/soft vehicle in time and at the authorization from the Administrative Associate in Kramatorsk/Severodonetsk;
- Ensuring that all instructions regulating safe driving behavior and Rules of the Road are in hand and strictly followed;
- Ensuring that the vehicle has valid insurance and first aid kit,
- Ensuring that the vehicle has Personal Protection Equipment in a quantity sufficient for all the passengers and driver, trauma bag and satellite phone during the trips to the areas along the contract line and to the grey zone;
- Driving the UNDP vehicle for delivery and collection of mails, documents, pouches, equipment and other administrative tasks as required under the programme;
- Assist in the organization of logistical preparation of field trips, visiting missions, etc.
- Assist in reviewing records related to in-country missions and field trips;
- Support in registry of incoming and outgoing documents and correspondence;
- Assist in preparation of Field Trip Reports to grant security clearance from Security Unit;
- Assist in vehicles history records preparation, collecting all vehicle related documentation (scan copies invoices, receipt, acts, insurance certificates, etc.);
- Loading/unloading of light cargos delivered by the vehicle;
- Provide clerical support to programme activities;
- Assist in general maintenance of the office premises assigned to the programme;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Secondary Education;
- Valid Ukrainian driving license categories B and C/C1 (valid for driving both soft skin and armored vehicles up to 5,500 kg) preferable - all);
- At least 3 years of professional driving experience;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Knowledge of protocol and customs issues;
- Safe driving record;
- Experience of driving in the conflict-affected areas will be considered as an asset;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian language, knowledge of working level of English will be considered as an asset.
This is a locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 23 October 2019.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.