U-LEAD is looking for Junior Accounting Professional (full time 100%) to work in Kyiv.
Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in Kyiv is seeking for
U-LEAD | Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme
a qualified staff member to fill the position of an
Junior Accounting Professional (full time 100%)
to work in Kyiv
The Junior Accounting Professional will join the Programme Management Unit of the U-LEAD Programme. Those Unit is in charge of the management and coordination of finance, procurement, contracts, human resources, knowledge management, as well as event, travel and office management. Close coordination with the technical and administrative GIZ staff in Kyiv as well as the regional teams for ensuring smooth cooperation with partners and contractors is of utmost importance. As a Junior Accounting Professional you will take responsibility for different tasks supporting accounting and the financial management within the programme.
U-LEAD with Europe is a multi-donor programme of the European Union and its Member States Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Poland and Sweden which was designed to support the decentralisation reform in Ukraine.
These may include the following tasks:
- Supporting different tasks related to bookkeeping
- Assistance with Cash coordination in Regional centres
- Assistance with monitoring of third receivables/liabilities
- Ensuring that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures
- Effectively coordinating with the staff of the finance team and Finance Department at GIZ Country Office
- Responsible for filing in accordance with GIZ rules
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or a related field from a recognised university
- Good understanding of financial planning and accounting
Confidential handling of data and information
Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
Fluency in Ukrainian, good knowledge of English, ideally also knowledge of German
Customer and service-oriented attitude, an independent and result-oriented approach, flexibility, self-organization and ability to withstand stress as well as intercultural competencies
Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Starting as soon as possible. Full-time position with 40-hours working week. The contract duration is until the end of June 2020. Prolongation possible.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English or German, comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job until 25th October 2019 to