Under the direct supervision of the Field Operations Manager the RPP Procurement Associate will be responsible for procurement issues.
S/he will ensure administration, transparent and efficient provision of procurement services and processes of the Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme including inter agency joint programme (UNDP, UN Women, UNFPA and FAO). The RPP Procurement Associate will work in close collaboration with the operations and programme staff in UNDP Project Office in Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk and other locations of RPP activities.
Summary of key functions:
- Contribute to programme staff in preparation of the Programme Procurement Plan based on the Annual Work Plans and its timely and regularly updating according to the programme activities;
- Maintain global procurement platform PROMPT and other corporate procurement systems from RPP’s side;
- Organize procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations. Support the procurement process to ensure that it is fair, competitive, transparent, ethical and provides best value for money as well as the procurement action is in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations, procedures and instructions;
- Implement sourcing strategy;
- Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation;
- Prepare submissions to Contract, Asset and Procurement Committees, facilitate supportive information and document flows;
- Verify Terms of Reference (TOR)/technical specifications/Statement of Work (SOW) according to UNDP regulations, required evaluation criteria and scoring;
- Assist programme management in preparation/revision of Programme Implementation Plan and Programme Procurement Plan;
- Serve as a secretary of the tender procurement processes of the RPP including: prepare all procurement documents, distribute and present relevant documentation to the members of the committee; coordinate procurement evaluation committee meetings; prepare procurement evaluation committee reports as well as maintain records of all documentation and reports;
- Implement proactive contract management, timely follow-up on the purchase orders fulfilment, communicate with suppliers and resolve issues which may arise along the supply process;
- Conduct contract management on every stage of supply chain proactively identifying potential critical parts and making suggestions for improvement;
- Maintain and improve the contract management system and to ensure that accountability to donors and internal stakeholders is met;
- Work in a close liaison with the responsible person or be responsible for ensuring timely verification and receipt of shipping documents, goods receipt, clearance, facilitating quality control and distribution;
- Liaise as necessary with the stakeholders of procurement processes which may include but not be limited to, international and national suppliers, service providers, external bodies and end users as needed along the procurement and supply process;
- Prepare Purchase orders (POs) and contracts, performance management of procurement contracts. Implement the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Ensure timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problem;
- Prepare and present reports on the programme procurement;
- Support to the management on physical assets disposal. Review of assets and recommendation of physical assets for disposal. Documentation preparation for submission to Contract Review Committees; follow up on request and liaise with requesting unit and maintenance for disposal action and entry in ERP system (Atlas) of all the requisite details for recording disposals. Oversight of disposal of items and accuracy of inventory data;
- Monitor the transportation of products purchased under the programme;
- Review logistics documentation ensuring that all necessary documents are properly prepared;
- Ensure timely distribution of shipping documents and related documents to local service providers;
- Ensure timely delivery and proper transfer of products to the recipients;
- Maintain adequate filing and documentary evidence of all procurement and contract management processes as required by UNDP policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all program’s needs are met through the timely provision of appropriate supplies and other logistical support to all areas of operation;
- Provide trainings on procurement related processes to the programme staff in the field offices.
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Management, Economics, Law, International Relations, Business Administration, Political Sciences, Public Administration, Social Science or other relevant areas;
- At least 3 years of practical experience in national or international procurements;
- Knowledge of public procurement principles is an asset;
- Procurement Certification is an asset;
- Training in procurement and supply chain management is a strong asset;
- Prior experience with the UN Agency or International Organization in the field of procurement is desirable;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian languages is required.
This is a locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 24 October 2019.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.