Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 8 months with the possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) has been active in Ukraine since early August 2014 and the humanitarian programs have been rapidly expanding since then. Currently, PIN is one of the major humanitarian actors in Eastern Ukraine while providing neutral and independent humanitarian aid to conflict-affected people. So far PIN has implemented number of multi-purpose cash grants, Shelter, Protection, Livelihoods and WASH interventions and supported more than 2 millions vulnerable populations, including IDPs, returnees and host communities in both urban and rural locations.
Protection Senior Project Officer is responsible for the direct implementation and coordination of the project protection related activities. He/she provides services in close cooperation with Protection team and the whole team of the project.
Required background and competences:
- University degree in a relevant subject: economy, social policy, sociology, international economy, pedagogy, foreign language;
- A minimum of 1-2 year experience in Protection related work and projects;
At least a basic understanding of humanitarian aid or development programming in emergency context;
- Intermediate English level;
- Advanced PC skills;
- Analytical, written and verbal communication skills;
Other qualifications or extensive study specific to protection themes of community-based activities, case management, child protection, GBV appreciate.
- Positive working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Competitive salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses between offices and areas of intervention;
- Security training;
- Possibility to participate in interesting events, trainings and briefings;
- 28 days of annual leave.
Application procedure: Please send a CV and Motivation letter in English to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.