Subnational Cluster Associate will lead the National Working Groups (technical and assessment) and the sub-national cluster based in Sloviansk and Severodonetsk, and will represent the Shelter/NFI Cluster at subnational level with region authorities.
Location: Based in Sloviansk, 50%+ travels in Donetsk and Luhansk regions and Kiev
Duration: 6 months (full time), possibility to extend pending funding
Under the guidance of the National Coordinator, the Subnational Cluster Associate will lead the National Working Groups (technical and assessment) and the sub-national cluster based in Sloviansk and Severodonetsk, and will represent the Shelter/NFI Cluster at sub-national level with oblast’s authorities, state representatives’ institutions, local and international organizations and donor agencies.
- In cooperation with the National coordinator ensure that the sub national cluster strategy is based on and is consequent of the national strategy and that is followed by the action plans and monitoring and reporting are on progress.
- Identify local and international partners and other stakeholders with appropriate technical expertise.
- Lead the sub-national cluster team in assessing needs and gaps.
- Ensure that the information management systems are in place and support collecting of data in the field
- Advocate Shelter/NFI best practices and lead capacity building activities in coordination with the national coordinator at sub national level.
- Ensure that partner responses are informed at different phases of the response by appropriate policy guidelines and standards.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate information exchange.
- Identify data/analysis/information requirements to support decision-making.
- Set up data collection and processing systems.
- Establish a range of information distribution mechanism
- Possess a solid experience from emergency program management, ideally from shelter sector
- Divide time to support Subnational Cluster duties and responsibilities for Donetsk and Luhansk (50% Sloviansk; Severodonetsk 25% and Southern part of Donetsk region 25%).
Required background and competencies:
- Education: University Degree (preferably in International Relations, Statistics, Marketing)
- Work experience: At least 3 years of experience. Cluster coordination experience is strongly welcome.
- Strong experience within the region and understanding of local dynamics
- Strong communication, analytical and social skills
- Familiarity with the conflict context
- Reliable and self-reliant personality
- Excellent spoken and written English, Russian is an advantage
- Advanced Excel as a minimum, Knowledge of Access, GIS an advantage
Application procedure: Please apply by October, 24th, sending Your CV and Motivation Letter to email@example.com noting that Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.