UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of Vocational Education and Business Development Associate in Mariupol.
Summary of key functions:
Support development of effective linkage between the key labour market actors: employers, State Employment Service (SES) and VET institutions in the target regions:
- Support the Component activities aimed at analysis and assessment of regional labour market needs and demand, existing VET system, SES and local business stakeholders’ activity and other relevant studies;
- Facilitate identifying regulatory framework and policy barriers to effective development of links between the business community and regional training facilities;
- Contribute to streamlining of communications between the key labour market actors in order to improve employability of population of the target regions in particular by ensuring efficient information exchange;
- Contribute to design of training and re-skilling programmes for VET system in partnership with the SES and employers in the region to meet the needs of the labour market;
- Facilitate recruitments of potential candidates for training and up-skilling activities stipulated by the Component implementation plans in close cooperation with keystakeholders including VET system, SES, business memberships organizations, micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) and relevant local authorities;
- Contribute to establishing mechanisms for technical assistance to VET institutions, SES and business community in the field of efficient cooperation; as well as to provision of grants for implementation of joint public-private initiatives aimed at enhancing employability through strengthening links between public and private entities.
Support design of VET system development and investment plans for the target regions:
- Contribute to the data collection and processing aimed at specification of capacity building needs for VET institutions in Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts;
- Effectively assist in Component’s activities aimed at improvement of networking tools for VET system and local employers at regional level (Donetsk and Luhansk VET councils) and at the level of VET institution (supervisory boards);
- Support in organization of capacity development trainings, studies and experience-exchange visits, workshops and round tables aimed at open discussion of VET system development issues and increase an effectiveness of VET institutions planning, management and implementation.
Provide support on efficient and effective delivery of Component’s activities:
- Assist the Component personnel and contractors for collection and processing of various types of data as needed for the implementation of planned activities aimed at effective linkage between VET and private sector;
- Contribute to preparation of annual, quarterly, and detailed implementation work plans, and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the relevant Component’s activities;
- Provide technical support in preparation of tender documents, specifications, terms of reference (ToRs) and other supportive documents to procure goods and services in line with Component objectives and tasks;
- Contribute to selection of Implementing Partners (IPs) through transparent and competitive processes for provision of services;
- Closely work with respective public and private organizations to ensure the Component activities are implemented timely and efficiently;
- Facilitate the monitoring of the field activities and provide technical support to ensure the Component objectives are met;
- Maintain and regularly update all relevant databases and files;
- Maintain close liaison with national partners, ensuring optimum participation and promoting ownership of national authorities in the implementation of the Component activities;
- Creating and seizing opportunities – organizational and project cycle entry points for gender mainstreaming;
- Ensure full compliance of activities with UNDP rules, regulations and procedures;
- Prepare sections of the reports, including progress and annual reports, as well as ad-hoc technical reports;
- Process all relevant monitoring and evaluation requests and ensure provision of data for monitoring and evaluation purposes, ensuring that all data is gender disaggregated;
- Assure that due security measures are observed during the implementation of the Component activities;
- Perform other activities as requested by the Programme Coordinator, Economic Recovery and Restoration of Critical Infrastructure and Vocational Education Specialist.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Education Management, Public Administration, Finance, Social Sciences or another relevant field
- At least 3 years of experience in assisting or supporting implementation of projects or project components in the economic field, vocational education, employment and/or private sector development;
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel etc.), experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience in working for international organizations/projects will be considered as an advantage;
- Familiarity with UNDP rules and regulations will be considered as advantage
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 18 October 2019.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.