Команда підтримки реформ Мінрегіону шукає Старшого експерта із комунікацій. Дедлайн - 14.10.2019 р. (далі - англ.).
REFORM SUPPORT TEAM AT THE MINISTRY FOR DEVELOPMENT OF COMMUNITIES AND TERRITORIES OF UKRAINE HAS OPENED A CALL FOR THE POSITION OF A SENIOR EXPERT - COMMUNICATIONS.
A Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine (now – the Ministry for Development of Communities and Territories of Ukraine) (MinRegion) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists the Ministry in the design and implementation of priority reforms. The RST assists in filling the capacity gaps in the design and implementation of priority reform strategies and programs, while strengthening links and partnerships between the Ministry’s priorities and relevant donor support.
Reform Support Team at the Ministry is funded by Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account (MDA) managed by the EBRD.
The donors to MDA are Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and the European Union, the largest donor.
The main planned reform areas that the RST will be dealing with are focused on design and implementation of energy efficiency reform, housing and communal services reform, comprehensive construction industry reform, as stipulated by Ukraine’s commitments under the EU Association Agreement. Implementation of public administration reform and capacity building in the Ministry are also identified to be crucial in 2018-2021.
Communication is an indispensable part of the reforms process. Consistent and comprehensive communications is needed to ensure public awareness and understanding of MinRegion and RST’s efforts and to fuel civil society’s action in supporting reforms process.
Qualified communications professional is needed in order to strengthen MinRegion’s Press Office and support Ministry’s communications efforts. Lack of qualified personnel in the Ministry does not allow Press Office to concentrate on reforms communications to the extent needed for changing overall public perception in such very sensitive sectors as housing and communal services and construction industry.
Communication activities of RST will be carried out through the officials MinRegion channels and will strengthen the public presence of the Ministry and its speakers.
A Senior expert on communications will work in close cooperation with MinRegion’s Press Office whereas Ministry’s Press Secretary will be responsible for aligning communications objectives of all the parties involved.
2. Duration and proposed timeframe
Expected duration of the current assignment is till December 2019 inclusively, with the possibility of extension in 2020 subjected to availability of MDA procedures and donor funding. The Consultant shall deliver services mainly in Ukraine and for no less than 20 working days per calendar month.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities
Communicating reforms progress in all the fields defined as priority by RST:
- Proactively planning and suggesting reforms related communications materials (e.g. press-releases, info sheets, op-eds, etc.);
- Organising public events for MinRegion’s speakers reporting on reforms progress;
- Coordination of communications with key stakeholders, analysis and evaluation of public opinion about the activities of the MinRegion;
- Support on development of user-friendly web-site of MinRegion, preparation of content;
- Development proposals on introducing new instruments of effective communications (chatbots etc)
- Introduction new forms of user-friendly communication of MinRegion;
- Organising off-the-record events with major economic media for RST employees;
- Engaging relevant experts and civil activists to publicly assess MinRegion’s reforms progress.
4. Main anticipated deliverables
- Communication strategy for reforms MinRegion and RST developed;
- Implementation plan of the Communication strategy for reforms and RST developed;
- Regular media coverage of the priority reforms;
- Regular progress reports on communication reforms;
- Planned meetings, prepare presentations;
- Prepared press-materials.
5. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
5.1. Qualifications and skills
- Impeccable ethical standards;
- Master’s degree or equivalent, inclusive of the Specialist degree in political science, communications (public relations), journalist, philology, marketing;
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills;
- PC literacy (advanced PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word);
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English
5.2. General professional experience
- More than 10 years of general professional experience;
5.3. Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communications, journalism, public relations and marketing;
- Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine;
- Experience of consulting government agencies in communications will be an asset.
6. Indicative Performance criteria: (Key Performance Indicators - KPI)
- % of tasks delivered within deadlines;
- Timely submission of monthly performance reports.
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 800 – 1400 GROSS. The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD - Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-onor Account. The exact rate will be made by the Recruitment Committee comprised of representatives of the MinRegion and international donors.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 14 of October 2019 to the following address: email@example.com
All submissions must include:
- Filed Application Form;
- At least one professional reference letter (from the past supervisor / manager);
- Applicant’s CV;
- Expected salary range (for information only).
Only complete submissions, containing the above, can be considered. Selected applicants will be invited to the interview.
9. Selection Procedure
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates will be invited to a brief written test in the Ministry covering both general and technical questions in both English and Ukrainian. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.