UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Specialist on Employment and Entrepreneurship for the RPP's Component 1 Economic Recovery and restoration of Critical Infrastructure.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, Economic Recovery and Restoration of Critical Infrastructure, the Specialist on Employment and Entrepreneurship will support implementation of the RPP Component activities aimed at enhancing employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for local communities in Luhansk oblast, specifically, stimulate economic growth by providing support and assistance to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (hereinafter also - MSME).
Summary of key functions:
- Initiate, create and develop long-term working relationships with relevant stakeholders including local authorities, major and minor employers, Public Employment Services (hereinafter - PES), business infrastructure organizations and others;
- Support the PES and other relevant institutions with the provision of employment promotion services to internally displaced persons (hereinafter - IDPs), returnees and local community members;
- Ensure development and implementation of training and re-skilling programmes to increase employability of IDPs and local population of Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts and business development training programmes for those who are running or willing to run business;
- Ensures that project/programme contributes to the promotion of gender equality by reaching, involving and benefiting both women and men in its activities (gender mainstreaming);
- Formulate ideas, conceptual outlines, requirements and coordinate development of training and re-skilling programmes in partnership with key partners, including but not limited to the Public Employment Service (PES), centers for vocational education, universities and other educational institutions;
- Develop innovative solutions for creation of business development opportunities in the ‘grey zone’ near the contact line in the conflict area;
- Facilitate UNDP business grants programmes aimed at start-up, renewal and expansion of micro-, small and medium businesses;
- Facilitate processes of provision of financial support to MSMEs in the target oblasts, including but not limited to irrevocable grants and repayable loans for business development, and facilitate their linking to financial institutions for further financial support;
- Ensure preparation of business creation and development training packages (business plans, marketing strategies, etc.)
- Ensure the monitoring of the programme-supported businesses/enterprises during their gestation period;
- Facilitate the PES and other institutions for collection and processing of labour market data, marketing data and other studies relevant for the Programme Component, ensuring that all data collected is disaggregated by sex;
- Perform situation analysis and lessons learnt from previous activities/projects implemented in Ukraine and other countries and propose new effective approaches and innovative tools for stimulating economic recovery and growth with special focus on creation of jobs and income opportunities in the RPP target regions;
- In partnership with local authorities, ensure identification and implementation of opportunities for cash-for-work and public works activities such as repair of infrastructure, street cleaning, but also archiving, digitizing and other similar activities;
- Develop tools and mechanisms for improving and strengthening business supporting infrastructure in RPP’s target regions (industrial/technological parks, business support centers, co-workings, hubs, clusters, etc.);
- Prepare annual, quarterly, and detailed implementation work plans, and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the component activities;
- Prepare specifications, terms of references (ToRs) and other supportive documents to procure goods and services in line with Component objectives and tasks;
- Check and provide certification of satisfactory completion of works of consultants or IPs for payment of their completed works. Ensure budget for the Component is efficiently and properly utilized;
- Monitor the field activities and provide technical support to ensure the Programme objectives are met in timely and quality manner;
- Participate in relevant working group meetings and share information with UN and non-UN partners and agencies;
- Prepare reports on completion of planned activities and provide inputs into narrative programme and donor reports;
- Draft, monitor and manage activity budgets for entrepreneurship and training sub-components with the support/oversight from Programme Coordinator
- Support the design and implementation of the monitoring framework and plans as it relates to the tasks of Component 1 of the RPP;
- Perform any other related duties as required and assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Public Administration, Law, Social Sciences and/or any other related fields;
- At least 3 years of progressive working experience in in the area of employment and entrepreneurship promotion and/or local socio-economic development, including private sector development, experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, project/programme coordination or other relevant area;
- Experience of working in/with international organizations and/or multinational companies will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excell etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Familiarity with UNDP rules and regulations will be considered as advantage;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required
This is a locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 15 October 2019.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.