The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs in Ukraine are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and the United Kingdom Good Governance Fund.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill the position of a Public Consultation Program Officer.
About the Public Consultation Program: With the support of UK Aid’s Good Governance Fund, NDI is working with the Ukrainian government to design and implement a sustainable, replicable, and flexible mechanism for public consultation.
The program focuses on building a replicable model for public consultation that will:
− engage citizens on reform issues and in decision-making;
− build the capacity of Ukrainian government institutions to process public feedback;
− improve policy-making and build trust in the ongoing reform process.
To achieve these objectives, NDI is partnering with the Ukrainian national government and select ministries in implementing public consultations.
Job Title: Public Consultation Program Officer, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design and implementation of NDI’s public consultation program activities as part of NDI’s public consultation program team
- Contribute to the planning and organization of all program-related events: conferences, trainings, workshops, study visits and meetings
- Represent NDI at events with partners in coordination with the public consultation program manager
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships and communication with program partners - mostly executive government agencies and CSOs
- Contribute to the program activity and budget planning and tracking
- Contribute to the development of different programmatic documents – periodic reports, project proposals, concept papers, tender documents, memos, work plans, M&E plans
- Contribute to the subgrant management process
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the program manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Public Policy/Administration, Political Science, Sociology, or a related field
- Five-year experience in a related field and good understanding of the work of the executive government and policy cycle in Ukraine
- Understanding of the policy process and public consultation
- Keen interest in and good understanding of political and civic landscape, as well as government reforms
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Excellent written story-telling skills, including writing reports and success stories, developing presentations and different communication materials
- Excellent oral communication skills in Ukrainian and English
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google suite)
- Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team
- Ability to travel within Ukraine.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position (Program Officer for Public Consultation Program) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on September 13, 2019. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test and a subsequent interview.