OFFICE: NATO Liaison Office (NLO) under the NATO Representation to Ukraine
TITLE: Project Assistant, NATO-Ukraine Professional Development Programme
GRADE: LES 4
WORKING HOURS: Full time
LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11 September 2019 (COB)
The NATO Professional Development Programme (PDP) in Ukraine is an integrated part of the NATO Liaison Office to Ukraine (NLO), mainly aimed at providing training to civilian personnel within the wider defence and security sector. The PDP is strategically linked to the Government Office for Co-ordination of European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, and its activities are conducted in close co-ordination with our Ukrainian partner institutions.
The PDP is a well-positioned strategic and fast developing programme with very high ambitions of meeting Ukrainian demands for training in support of reforms. This announcement presents a challenging opportunity for a motivated young professional to support the Programme in implementing its activities in Ukraine.
1. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
- possess a first level university degree;
- have a minimum of two years of work experience in administration;
- have a minimum of one year of work experience in project management;
- some previous experience drafting reports and memos, and making presentations;
- languages: English or French, level 4 (Upper Intermediate); Ukrainian, level 6 (Proficient);
- have excellent computer skills (MS Office applications);
- have no criminal record and pass security clearance.
The following would be considered an advantage:
- previous work experience in a similar position;
- previous work experience in an international organization, embassy, or a military environment;
- flexibility to work outside of normal working hours when necessary.
2. MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Participate in planning, implementation, evaluation of projects;
- Support the day-to-day implementation of assigned projects;
- Work with third parties (NATO Headquarters, Embassies, international organisations, national partners);
- Support the preparation of the programme/project budgets and expenditure reports; management of the projects information system and data filing, reporting and other project related activities;
- Conduct written and oral business communication, prepare events, meetings, and visits in the framework of specific projects, as requested;
- Translate correspondence and non-technical texts from English into local language(s) and vice versa;
- Maintain a professional, courteous and responsible client-oriented manner;
- maintain the absolute confidentiality and security of NATO/Programme information;
- Perform other related duties.
NATO Professional Development Programme (PDP) in Ukraine is looking for a qualified candidate to fill Project Assistant position.
The incumbent must demonstrate:
- Achievement: Works to meet standards.
- Clarity and Accuracy:Monitors and checks work or information.
- Customer Service Orientation: Discovers and meets customer needs.
- Flexibility:Adapts and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- Initiative:Is decisive in a time-sensitive situation.
- Organizational Commitment: Supports the organization.
- Self-Control:Responds calmly.
4. CONTRACT AND REMUNERATION PACKAGE
For the selected candidate, we can offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a very inspiring international environment.
The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year full time contract with possible extension, based on continued programme funding and satisfactory job performance.
5. HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates are invited to apply by e-mail to: adminpdp.nru@NRO.HQ.NATO.INT
Please indicate “NATO-PDP Project Assistant” in the subject line of the email.
Please attach the following materials (in English):
- a CV/Resume;
- a short personal statement highlighting how the candidate meets qualifications stated in this vacancy announcement (maximum one page);
- at least one letter of reference including referee’s contact details, preferably from a previous or current employer.
The deadline for submission of the required documents is 11 September 2019 COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Earlier applications are strongly encouraged. Only electronic applications will be considered.