NATO Professional Development Programme (PDP) in Ukraine is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Team Leader.
OFFICE: NATO Liaison Office (NLO) under the NATO Representation to Ukraine
TITLE: Team Leader, NATO-Ukraine Professional Development Programme
GRADE: LES 7
WORKING HOURS: Full time
LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11 September 2019 (COB)
The NATO Professional Development Programme (PDP) in Ukraine is an integrated part of the NATO Liaison Office to Ukraine (NLO), mainly aimed at providing training to civilian personnel within the wider defence and security sector. The PDP is strategically linked to the Government Office for Co-ordination of European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, and its activities are conducted in close co-ordination with our Ukrainian partner institutions.
The PDP is a well-positioned strategic and fast developing programme with very high ambitions of meeting Ukrainian demands for training in support of reforms. This announcement presents a challenging opportunity for a highly motivated professional to lead our PDP team and support NATO-Ukraine co-operation.
1. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must possess:
- working experience in Ukraine, preferably connected to NATO programmes or other international security related institutions and defence and security sector reform;
- demonstrated capability to manage reform programmes;
- excellent diplomatic skills;
- experience in project management and successfully leading a team;
- inspirational leadership skills and - through personal example – the ability to motivate, build confidence and develop subordinates and partners alike;
- results-driven professional attitude;
- focus on facilitating implementation of equal opportunities;
- innovative project approach and self-motivation;
- ability to operate independently and as part of a multinational team
- a degree or equivalent qualification from a university of recognized standing;
- excellent oral and written skills in English and Ukrainian, with the ability to draft quality reports and make precise and targeted presentations;
- political awareness of programme relevant issues involving risks and developing opportunities;
- experience in designing needs-based learning and development of projects;
- no criminal record and pass security clearance.
The incumbent should:
- be a Ukrainian citizen, fluent in English and Ukrainian languages;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.;
- be able to work harmoniously with professional contacts in a multinational team;
- be prepared to travel and work irregular hours.
Previous professional exposure to Human Resources issues would be considered a valuable asset.
2. MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
- manage the Project Management Office (PMO), thus implementing the secretariat role in co-ordinating the governance and secretariat functions;
- manage the co-ordination of the PDP governance structure including the High-Level Strategy Group and the Management Board and ensure timely and regular meetings and co-ordinate distribution of joint minutes and action item plans;
- manage, co-ordinate and oversee the PDP project planning and execution processes, establishing measurable return on investment mechanisms including impact assessments and benefits mapping;
- manage and oversee programme level documentation such as high level and working level plans, stakeholder engagement and communication plans, risk registers and issues log, monitoring, reporting and finance/budgets including finance-related reports to NATO, processes and systems;
- facilitate smooth interaction, exchange of information and co-ordination with PDP strategic partners in line with the PDP policy and strategy;
- support the Programme Manager in drafting and preparing reports, analyzing documents/letters, drafting and delivering letters;
- co-ordinate co-operation with the key international partners of the PDP;
- in line with the guidance of the Programme Manager, facilitate establishment of new partnerships with stakeholders, major think-tanks, subject-matter experts and international organizations involved in security studies and/or professional development;
- make innovative proposals on meeting her/his objectives in the best possible way;
- attend events of interest and relevance organized by the NATO Liaison Office and strategic partners.
- supervise the PDP team;
- manage the administration of the PDP office activities;
- manage and co-ordinate, under supervision of the Director, NATO Liaison Office, all bank-related activities, including payments, currency exchange contracts, and any other activities regarding the everyday financial issues of the Programme;
- in line with the guidance of the Programme Manager, conduct systematic performance reviews including professional development of the programme staff.
The incumbent must demonstrate:
- Achievement:Works to meet standards.
- Clarity and Accuracy:Monitors and checks work or information.
- Customer Service Orientation: Discovers and meets customer needs.
- Flexibility:Adapts and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- Initiative:Is decisive in a time-sensitive situation.
- Organizational Commitment: Supports the organization.
- Self-Control:Responds calmly.
4. CONTRACT AND REMUNERATION PACKAGE
For the selected candidate, we can offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a very inspiring international environment.
The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year full time contract with possible extension, based on continued programme funding and satisfactory job performance.
5. HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates are invited to apply by e-mail to: adminpdp.nru@NRO.HQ.NATO.INT. Please indicate “NATO-PDP Team Leader” in the subject line of the email.
Please attach the following materials (in English):
- a CV/Resume;
- a short personal statement highlighting how the candidate meets qualifications stated in this vacancy announcement (maximum one page);
- at least one letter of reference including referee’s contact details, preferably from a previous or current employer.
The deadline for submission of the required documents is 11 September 2019 COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Earlier applications are strongly encouraged. Only electronic applications will be considered.