Development Coordination Officer в ПРООН в Україні.
Agency: Resident Coordinator Office
Title: Development Coordination Officer, Partnerships and Development Finance
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA): 08/09/2019
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships: The position is located in the United Nations Resident Coordination Office (RCO) in Ukraine and reports to the Senior Development Coordination Officer, Strategic Planning and RCO Team Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Development Coordination Officer, Partnerships and Development Finance will be responsible of the following duties: Summary of Functions:
- Provides substantive support for strategic planning for and coordination of UN Country Team (UNCT) partnerships;
- Participates in joint resource mobilization for the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF);
- Provides substantive support on financing for accelerating the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Supports knowledge management and capacity development.
Description of Functions:
Assists with the provision of substantive support for strategic planning for and coordination of UNCT partnerships:
- Provides advice on the development and implementation of the UN Partnership Strategy in alignment with and support of the UNDAF in the country;
- Provides substantive support to the Resident Coordinator (RC) and the UNCT in identifying risks and opportunities related to specific partnerships, and suggests mitigation measures as relevant;
- Provides inputs on due diligence processes of potential investment and partnership opportunities, in accordance with UN regulations and procedures including working closely with OHCHR to support the application of the Human Rights Due Diligence Policy for security actors;
- Provides substantive support to RC/UNCT to develop and implement locally-tailored partnerships and resource mobilization strategies and initiatives;
- Contributes to dialogues with partners to improve development assistance policies and practice;
- Plans and facilitates liaison and coordination with UN entities at country, regional and HQ levels, to help package and define UN business strategies, including differentiated value propositions, to attract partners, both traditional and non-traditional.
Participates in joint resource mobilization for the UNDAF:
- Provides substantive support to RC/UNCT to develop and implement locally-tailored resource mobilization strategies and initiatives, and identify appropriate data and benchmarks to measure progress and success;
- Monitors and analyzes existing resource mobilization partnerships and relationships, including those with high net worth;
- Plans and facilitates the design, formulation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of joint programmes and programming processes for use in joint resource mobilization;
- Provides substantive support for the production and distribution of marketing materials to raise awareness about opportunities for working with the UN on SDG investment;
- Contributes to building the UN brand via events, media and public relations opportunities targeted to the diverse partners, in close collaboration with the UN Communications and Advocacy Group.
Provides substantive support on financing for accelerating the achievement of the SDGs :
- Provides substantive support on financing for development options, instruments, modalities to the RC/UNCT/PMT, in alignment with the Common Country Analysis (CCA), UNDAF, MAPS (Mainstreaming, Acceleration and Policy Support) and similar processes;
- Provides inputs for briefing papers and discussion points on issues related to financing for development for consideration by RC/UNCT/PMT;
- Plans and facilitates engagements with external stakeholders — including the national government, international financial institutions and others — on financing for SDG acceleration;
- Undertakes the design and execution of innovative proposals to strengthen the UNCT engagement and reputation, and to generate greater financial resources in support of the SDGs;
- Supports review and decision making process of the establishment of, and possible management of a country-based SDG Fund, in close collaboration with UN Multi-Partner Trust Fund.
Supports knowledge management and capacity development:
- Plans and facilitates the development, maintenance and sharing of knowledge and intelligence, to ensure RC/UNCT are informed and positioned to effectively generate and harness opportunities to meet its resource mobilization targets;
- Undertakes activities to strengthen the capacity of UNCTs to mainstream and promote SDG investment partnerships;
- Provides substantive support for the discovery, evaluation and selection of partnership opportunities at the sourcing and origination stages.
- Planning and Organizing;
- Client Orientation;
- Commitment to Continuous Learning;
- Technological Awareness.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in providing strategic support to partnerships, project/programme management, resource mobilization or development finance in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required; knowledge of Russian is desirable.
- National Professional Officers are nationals of the country in which they are serving, and their functions must have a national context, i.e. functions that require national experience or knowledge of the national language, culture, institutions, and systems.
All posts in the GS and NO categories are subject to local recruitment.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=25584&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 8, 2019.