Офіс ООН з координації гуманітарних справ OCHA Ukraine оголошує конкурс на посаду водія/клерка. Дедлайн – 04 вересня 2019 р. (далі - англ.).
Application Deadline: 04/09/2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: FTA local
Post Level: G2
Expected Duration of Assignment: 1 Year with possibility for extension
UNOCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. UNOCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.Under the guidance and supervision of Field Assistant and/or Head of Sub-Office in the respective duty station, the Driver/Clerk will be responsible for overall logistics, transportation of staff and performance of basic receptionist and clerical services to support efficient functioning of the respective field office, ensuring high accuracy of work and timely delivery of results.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services;
- Proper use of vehicle;
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- Ensuring availability of required documents/supplies for vehicle;
- Provision of administrative/clerical services.
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel within the city and to the regions with possible over-nights trips in the region; b) driving office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel during security phases when required; c) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport;
Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.;
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts;
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
Provides administrative/clerical support to OCHA Office in Ukraine staff through: a) delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items; b) support visa and customs formalities/arrangements; c) support other administrative/clerical services as required.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficient operations in the office as well as on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the UNOCHA office activities, including but not limited to smooth logistic and office management activities, timely, accountable and cost-effective delivery of vehicle operations. Efficient transportation services are provided within the limits of delegated authority, maintenance and repair of the UN field office vehicle fleet is achieved. High-quality and timely clerical and receptionist duties are performed to support a fully operational office.
- Professionalism:Demonstrates excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as strong technical skills in the respective area; demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues, confidentiality and time management;
- Teamwork: possesses good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Client Orientation: demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, and tact; consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness: Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently;
- Leadership and Self-Management: Focuses on result for the client; remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure; responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. Valid driving license of B, C categories
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in driving and/or transportation; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Experience in logistics or administrative support or general office management;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel);
- Experience of work for international organizations is an asset;
- Experience in the region is an advantage;
- Certified experience in driving armored vehicles is desirable.
- Fluency in Russian and Ukrainian; working knowledge of English is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 04/09/2019
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDPwebsite, section jobs and apply online. More information and application details: