Pact seeks candidates to fill the position of Procurement and Finance Assistant for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
The Procurement and Finance Assistant supports procurement and finance procedures for the office. Under the supervision of the Sr. Grants and Contracts Manager s/he ensures compliance with the donors’ rules and regulations, internal Pact policies and the Ukrainian legislation. Procurement and Finance Assistant prepares procurement instruments and the approval documents required for contracting actions execution, drafts and checks the agreements/purchase orders between Pact and other parties concerning the administrative, program and other activities, assists with finance related documentation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide monitoring and market information analysis for the hiring and procuring goods and services from independent contractors and consultants;
- Support requisitions, RFQ and RFP: conduct comparative analysis of all bids received in response to each RFQ/RFP, organize and moderate the tender committee, prepare selection memo based on analysis of the bids after selection process;
- Draft purchase orders, agreements and provide overall scheduling, follow up with the vendors;
- Support consultants’ competition, draft consultancy agreements, collect consultant’s documents;
- Assist with events organization: manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (e.g. venue, catering, travel), book venues and schedule speakers, etc.;
- Offer procurement solutions and promote international best practice;
- Enter Purchase orders, Purchase Requisitions, Journal entries and other accounting transactions into Serenic NAV (ERP system) according with a granted profile;
- Prepare payment vouchers in accordance with internal rules;
- Collect and check accounting documentation (invoices, supporting documents, etc.)
- Act as petty cash custodian;
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing monthly reports: Update the vendors’ database as well as procurement and consultants’ tracker on the regular basis;
- Ensures accurate filing of all procurement, accounting and finance related documents;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- 2+ years of prior procurement and/or financial experience;
- Fluent in English, Ukrainian, and Russian;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines;
- Ability to manage budgets and negotiate them;
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to organize routine data and maintain the established procedures;
- Advanced level keyboard skills and computer literacy on a variety of software applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.);
- Strong critical thinking and attentiveness to detail;
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated history of providing procurement services in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Solid knowledge of the industry;
- Demonstrated experience working and negotiating services with suppliers and vendors.
- Experience with international donor-funded programs, particularly USAID-funded contracts.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org “Procurement and Finance Assistant” in the subject line. Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. The position is open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.