Проект USAID «Економічна підтримка Східної України», що виконує компанія DAI GLOBAL LLC шукає фахівців програми регіонального розвитку виробництва в м. Краматорськ, Сєвродонецьк, Маріуполь.
DAI GLOBAL LLC s looking for a qualified Regional Manufacturing Program Officer (RMPO).
The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine in response to Russia’s aggression, which has disrupted critical market linkages, catalyzed the economic decline of previously dominant industries, and caused massive population disruption. ERA’s work is centered on three pillars that roughly correspond to the Objectives above:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the oblasts most affected by Russia’s aggression, Donetsk and Luhansk, but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
Innovations for Manufacturing program functions under the second pillar of MSME Growth and encompasses all manufacturing sectors as well as engineering. Currently, the program is operated only by Manufacturing and Business Internationalization Lead which is insufficient for the necessary scale up geographically and in terms of the number of recipient companies. In order to provide for the required geographical coverage and intensity of work with geographically dispersed manufacturing companies, USAID ERA pursues hiring 3 Regional Manufacturing Program Officers – two for Donetsk oblast GCAs and 1 – for Luhansk oblast GCAs. RMPOs will be stationed in 3 USAID ERA offices in the East: Mariupol, Kramatorsk and Sievierodonetsk.
Participate in the implementation of ERA Innovative Manufacturing Program, which contributes to ERA Intermediate Result 2.1 “ Total amount of new investments secured by MSMEs supported by USAID”; 2.2 “ Number of individuals with new or better employment as a result of USAID assistance”; 2.3 “ Average percent change in sales of MSMEs receiving Activity assistance” under the Objective 2 “Support the sustainable development of MSMEs”.
Objectives and Duties
Catalyzing business environment:
- play an active role in the Innovative Manufacturing Team activities along with other 2 RMPOs located in regional ERA offices and Manufacturing and Business Internationalization Lead.
- under supervision of MBIL identify, assess and manage business projects in the region, i.e. select companies for participation in manufacturing sector programs and activities conducted by USAID ERA within the Area of Responsibility (AOR)
- detect opportunities to partner with local and national business service providers and leading technology suppliers
- identify potential suppliers and investment targets within AOR upon requests
- work with MBIL and other RMPOs to ensure alignment with USAID ERA strategic approaches towards economic development within each AOR and the region overall
- conduct (Internet) research as necessary to locate the best practices, find relevant business events, locate potential partners for Luhansk and Donetsk oblast GCAs manufacturing companies
- identify the needs and activities that can help in sustainable development of manufacturing SMEs within the AOR and Luhansk/Donetsk GCAs overall
- in coordination with Grants Management team work with manufacturing companies and ERA technical staff to monitor respective companies, grants and technical assistance activities progress within AOR and ensure that activities are aligned with the USAID ERA plans and performance indicators
- manage projects in his/her AOR, including coordination with suppliers/contractors engaged and collection of match documentation
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- support and conduct necessary data collection in order to report against Activity performance indicators
- assist grant applicants in design of monitoring and evaluation plan for the proposed project
- monitor implementation of direct interventions and grant activities
- provide required information and data for M&E reporting in required format
- introduce Innovations for Manufacturing program to relevant stakeholders including local business owners, local representatives and business service providers. Foster ongoing positive cooperation with these stakeholders
- represent ERA in a professional manner
- other related tasks as requested by agency management staff
- prepare accurate and timely field reports and other project documentation as required; maintain project files
- keep respective activity records in DAI corporate system (TAMIS)
- University degree in business, economics, or a related field
- Ability to earn trust of business executives and government officials
- Solid leadership and organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills, ability to act independently when appropriate or necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian
- Professional user of PC and Internet
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to work in the field
- Direct, hands on private sector experience desirable.
- Experience working in the field of international development.
- Good interpersonal skills, and an ability to succeed in a multi-cultural environment
Will be an asset:
- Extensive experience working with USAID or other donor agencies
- BS/BA in business, economics, or a related field, from a recognized national or international university
- At least 3 years of experience serving as a project manager/coordinator for USAID or other donor entities.
- Familiarity with and experience working in eastern Ukraine preferred
- Extensive network of business contacts in the region (Luhansk or Donetsk oblast – depending on AOR)
Then apply by sending your CV and Motivation letter to [email protected] with the subject RMPO Mariupol by 23.00 September 10, 2019, Tuesday.