Проект USAID Економічна Підтримка Східної України шукає Фахівця з розвтку туризму.
DAI seeks a Tourism Sector Lead Specialist.
The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine in response to Russia’s aggression, which has disrupted critical market linkages, catalyzed the economic decline of previously dominant industries, and caused massive population disruption. This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- OBJECTIVE 1: Provide assistance to stabilize the economy of eastern Ukraine
- OBJECTIVE 2: Support the sustainable development of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in eastern Ukraine
- OBJECTIVE 3: Build confidence in the future of the eastern Ukrainian economy
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the oblasts most affected by Russia’s aggression, Donetsk and Luhansk,but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
The project is implemented by DAI, which works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
Tourism Sector Development
- Launch of the ERA Sea of Azov tourism sector component.
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation of the tourism growth sector work plan, planning, monitoring and evaluation, documentation and reporting; ensure that all activities are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Identify, conduct meetings with, and manage relationships with local tourism and hospitality sector stakeholders, including: municipalities and oblast level tourism authorities, national nature parks, education and training institutions, statistical offices, travel trade associations and NGOs, as well as travel trade representatives at core end-markets; ensure their involvement and support; monitor progress, response, and satisfaction.
- Advise and assist local stakeholders—including product development groups, nature parks, cultural events’ organizers, industry associations, and other local stakeholders to prepare relevant applications—for grants support; serve as primary point of contact for the duration of the intervention.
- Work with local partners to identify and provide support for infrastructure projects in the tourism growth sector to be financed and/or supported by ERA.
- Provide support to the tourist market studies and other tourism and hospitality industry research undertaken as part of the sector interventions.
- Monitor and identify problem issues associated with the Activity, report in a timely manner to ERA head office, assist with development and implementation of the appropriate solutions.
- Facilitate business-to-business meetings and assist various industry networks and partnerships at the destination level.
- Provide support for the establishment of a destination marketing organization, liaising with key stakeholders and the founding partners.
- In coordination with Operations Manager organize and facilitate various project events (trainings, workshops, focus groups, round tables, conferences, forums, competitions and others) planned under tourism growth sector interventions.
- Prepare project reports related to the implementation of the workplans in the tourism growth sector.
- Coordinate with the ERA infrastructure, IT and communications teams for the development of tools and documentation to support tourism growth sector interventions and communications.
Relationships with suppliers and HR Management:
- In coordination with HR Manager and Operations Manager draft scopes of work for relevant consultants / suppliers related to the ERA Sea of Azov tourism interventions, support and coordinate their activities, monitor progress on contract deliverables, provide feedback as necessary.
- Manage ERA tourism staff and oversee the day-to-day management activities and implementation of the tourism growth sector workplan, including planning, monitoring and evaluation, documentation and reporting; ensure that all activities are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- In coordination with MEAL Director regularly monitor and analyze performance and the latest trends in the tourism and hospitality sector, and identify key gaps and needs in the sector to adjust ERA interventions.
- Advise the performance monitoring team as needed in capturing all the anticipated benefits from work plan interventions. Ensure team obtains all data needed regularly for reporting against relevant targets.
- In coordination with Communication Director organize dissemination of relevant publications and other project materials to sector stakeholders and final beneficiaries; coordinate administration and maintenance of relevant digital media (web page and social media).
- Coordinate with Communication Director and ensure proper media coverage of intervention activities; prepare press releases, public statements, and information on behalf of the ERA local tourism office.
- Extensive experience working with USAID or other donor agencies.
- BS/BA in business, tourism, or a related field, from a recognized national or international university (postgraduate degree preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience serving as a project manager /senior technical expert in tourism sector interventions for USAID or other donor entities.
- Experience working with tourism sector stakeholders, particularly with government officials, private sector, and civil society
- Solid leadership and organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian
- Familiarity with and experience working in eastern Ukraine preferred.
- Direct, hands on private sector experience desirable.
- Experience working in the field of international development.
- Good interpersonal skills, and an ability to succeed in a multi-cultural environment.
Period of Performance : September 16, 2019 - August 26, 2023
Base of Operations: Mariupol with frequent travel and possible re-assignment to Bierdiansk
Position reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and add to the subject Tourism Sector Lead Specialist .
Deadline for Applications is September 5, 2019