Specialist on Employment and Entrepreneurship в ПРООН в Україні.
Title: Specialist on Employment and Entrepreneurship
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 03/09/2019
Duty Station: Severodonetsk, Ukraine
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: 12 months with possible extension
The ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine has had a direct and highly negative impact on social cohesion, resilience, livelihoods, community security, and the rule of law. Recognizing the need to urgently address reconstruction, economic recovery and peacebuilding needs in areas affected both directly and indirectly by the conflict, in late 2014 the Government of Ukraine requested technical assistance and financial support from the international community to assess priority recovery needs. In late 2014, the United Nations, the World Bank and the European Union conducted a Recovery and Peacebuilding Assessment, which was endorsed by the Cabinet of Ministers in mid-2015.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, Economic Recovery and Restoration of Critical Infrastructure, the Specialist on Employment and Entrepreneurship will support implementation of the RPP Component activities aimed at enhancing employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for local communities in Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts, specifically, stimulate economic growth by providing support and assistance to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (hereinafter also — MSME). Specifically, s/he will perform the following key tasks:
- Initiate, create and develop long-term working relationships with relevant stakeholders including local authorities, major and minor employers, Public Employment Services (hereinafter — PES), business infrastructure organizations and others;
- Support the PES and other relevant institutions with the provision of employment promotion services to internally displaced persons (hereinafter — IDPs), returnees and local community members;
- Ensure development and implementation of training and re-skilling programmes to increase employability of IDPs and local population of Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts and business development training programmes for those who are running or willing to run business;
- Formulate ideas, conceptual outlines, requirements and coordinate development of training and re-skilling programmes in partnership with key partners, including but not limited to the Public Employment Service (PES), centers for vocational education, universities and other educational institutions;
- Facilitate UNDP business grants programmes aimed at start-up, renewal and expansion of micro-, small and medium businesses;
- Facilitate processes of provision of financial support to MSMEs in the target oblasts, including but not limited to irrevocable grants and repayable loans for business development, and facilitate their linking to financial institutions for further financial support;
- Facilitate the PES and other institutions for collection and processing of labour market data, marketing data and other studies relevant for the Programme Component;
- Perform situation analysis and lessons learnt from previous activities/projects implemented in Ukraine and other countries and propose new effective approaches and innovative tools for stimulating economic recovery and growth with special focus on creation of jobs and income opportunities in the RPP target regions;
- Develop tools and mechanisms for improving and strengthening business supporting infrastructure in RPP’s target regions (industrial/technological parks, business support centers, co-workings, hubs, clusters, etc.);
- Prepare annual, quarterly, and detailed implementation work plans, and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the component activities;
- Prepare specifications, terms of references (ToRs) and other supportive documents to procure goods and services in line with Component objectives and tasks;
- Check and provide certification of satisfactory completion of works of consultants or IPs for payment of their completed works. Ensure budget for the Component is efficiently and properly utilized;
- Monitor the field activities and provide technical support to ensure the Programme objectives are met in timely and quality manner;
- Participate in relevant working group meetings and share information with UN and non-UN partners and agencies;
- Prepare reports on completion of planned activities and provide inputs into narrative programme and donor reports;
- Draft, monitor and manage activity budgets for entrepreneurship and training sub-components with the support/oversight from Programme Coordinator
- Support the design and implementation of the monitoring framework and plans as it relates to the tasks of Component 1 of the RPP;
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Management and Leadership;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self-management and emotional intelligence;
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing;
- Client Orientation;
- Innovation and Marketing New Approaches.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Public Administration, Law, Social Sciences and/or any other related fields;
- At least 3 years of progressive working experience in in the area of employment and entrepreneurship promotion and/or local socio-economic development, including private sector development, experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, project/programme coordination or other relevant area;
- Experience of working in/with international organizations and/or multinational companies will be considered as an advantage;
- Familiarity with UNDP rules and regulations will be considered as advantage;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=25490&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 3, 2019