Офіс ООН з координації гуманітарних справ OCHA Ukraine оголошує конкурс на посаду спеціаліста з питань координації. Дедлайн – 27 серпня 2019 р. (далі - англ.).
Field Coordination Officer (UNOCHA)
Application Deadline: 27/08/2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: FTA local
Post Level: NOA
Expected Duration of Assignment: 1 Year with possibility for extension
UNOCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. UNOCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
Under the overall supervision of the Humanitarian Affairs Officer in respective field office location, Field Coordination Officer ensures oversight of strategic partnerships with the UN Agencies, local and international NGOs, partners and national authorities in the region in order to manage results-oriented field coordination and administrative management on the ground for the successful fulfilment of UNOCHA mandate in Ukraine.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Provide technical expertise in the area of field coordination in the assigned region(s) and technical advisory support to UNOCHA Office in Ukraine, Humanitarian Country Team (HCT), humanitarian community in preparedness and emergency response;
- In closecollaboration and liaisonwith Admin unitin Kyivensureoverall operational/administrative management in the assigned field office;
- Ensure efficient strategic partnerships management and advocacy effort with all relevant stakeholders.
Provide technical expertise in the area of field coordination in the assigned region(s) and technical advisory support to UNOCHA Office in Ukraine, Humanitarian Country Team (HCT), humanitarian community in preparedness and emergency response by:
- Ensuring overall management of the field office coordination on the ground, including proper planning and organization of general coordination meetings, communication and advocacy with relevant stakeholders;
- In close collaboration with the Information Management Unit providing substantive information input for the preparation of respective UNOCHA products;
- Compilation, analysis and reporting of relevant humanitarian, social, economic and political information, statistical data, research and providing high-quality analytical reports for further processing by the Pl and Reporting Unit;
- Preparing qualitative/quantitative situation reports and well as ad-hoc technical advisory reports, supervise compilation and dissemination of daily, weekly reports in compliance with established UNOCHA rules and procedures;
- Ensuring proper monitoring of humanitarian and when applicable security situation in the assigned region(s) and providing analytical assessment of developments in the assigned region(s); conducting verification of information and reporting incidents via established procedures and channels;
- Maintaining close liaison with UN Agencies, local and international NGOs, humanitarian partners and national authorities, ensuring a constant information flow and information dissemination between relevant national authorities and the UNOCHA Office in Ukraine on the humanitarian-related information and extended HCT operations, facilitate coordination of humanitarian assistance by national and international partners;
- Maintaining close liaison with respective Civil-Military units on the ground and facilitating resolution of any access-related impediments for international humanitarian assistance;
- Ensuring successful support for the CASH-related matters and providing administrative support to international CASH experts during their field trips and cash coordination meetings, where applicable.
In close collaboration and liaison with Admin unit in Kyivensureoverall operational/administrative management in the assigned field office by:
- Ensure effective management of the office petty cash processes and acting as petty cash custodian upon request of the supervisor;
- Supervision of staff travel and vehicle fleet management, including managing vehicle registration coordination;
- Ensuring compliance with protocol matters in all aspects of assigned area of work;
- Exercising proper control of supporting documents for payments;
- Formulating, communicating and following up on the procurement needs of the assigned field office;
- Ensuring maintenance of the proper performance management and staff development systems, including identifying training needs for field office staff, developing a training plan and makes recommendations to UNOCHA management for its implementation taking into consideration resources/funds available;
- Overall supervision of staff member responsible for the management of office property and supplies (Field Assistants, Drivers etc).
Ensure efficient strategic partnerships and advocacy effort with all relevant stakeholders by:
- Facilitating advocacy in long-term planning within UN system in Ukraine as well as national plans; raising awareness amongst different stakeholders (included but not limited to NGOs, UN, Government of Ukraine) on the technical tools, services and mechanisms for coordination, emergency response and preparedness;
- Identifying and developing opportunities for successful networking and partnership building with the national and regional authorities, NGOs/lNGOs on the ground;
- Facilitating of knowledge-building and knowledge-sharing among NGOs, the UN, national and local authorities in the matters related to strengthening their emergency response capacity;
- Ensure assistance for all other operational processes required for successful fulfilment of UNOCHA mandate in Ukraine;
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Humanitarian Affairs Officer and Deputy Head of UNOCHA Office in Ukraine.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the coordination effort in the respective field office location and UNOCHA office operations in Ukraine. Key results have impact on success of communication, advocacy and collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the region by the means of efficient resource mobilization and information sharing. Full and appropriate administrative management is provided to ensure fully operational field office. Accurate analysis and presentation of information, thoroughly researched and fully documented work strengthens the capacity of the office and facilitates subsequent action by the supervisor. lncumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
- Professionalism: applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position; possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks; strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning; demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings; Demonstrating integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements;
- Client Orientation: Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Building Strategic Partnerships: Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues; analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders; is able to identify and communicate efficiently relevant advocacy information to all the stakeholders involved;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness: exercises ability to provide analytical inputs to strategic planning, results-based management and reporting; develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political or social science, law, International relations, public administration or any related field. Bachelor degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience is accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Up to 2 years of relevant professional experience in coordination, administrative management, humanitarian affairs or related field;
- Sound knowledge and familiarity with the humanitarian and overall social, legal security and economic context in the assigned region would be an asset;
- Profound field experience in the region is desirable;
- Analytical and reporting experience is an advantage;
- Familiarity with the UN system and knowledge of UN system Administration/Operations rules and procedures is an asset;
- Computer literacy (Excel, Internet, Word, web-based management systems).
- Fluent written and spoken English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the NO/GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 27/08/2019
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDPwebsite, section jobs and apply online. More information and application details: