Датська група з розмінування шукає парамедика.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Accompanies mobile teams wherever they may be deployed within Ukraine.
- Provides immediate on-site casualty stabilization in the event of an accident/incident and accompanies casualty to the designated medical facility.
- Conducts assessments of local medical facilities prior to the deployment of demining teams in order to establish casualty evacuation plans.
- Maintains up-to-date contact information and location details of all suitable medical facilities within DDG’s area of operation.
- Responsible for the maintenance and contents of major trauma kits according to DDG standard operating procedures.
- Conducting regular basic life support training for colleagues based on a standardized syllabus developed by DRC/DDG.
- Supports with formal training for third party organizations in conjunction with the DDG Global Medic.
- Supports colleagues with routine tasks associated to deployment in a mobile team.
Essential Experience / Qualifications:
- Paramedic qualification
- Good computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Highly desirable but not necessary:
- Written and spoken English language
- Experience in an ambulance crew or as a military combat medic
- Prior experience delivering paramedic training
- Excellent discipline and ability to follow instructions
- Flexible; willing to work away from home for extended periods in a mobile capacity
- Team spirit; willing to assist the team with tasks outside the immediate scope of their role
- Adaptable; willing to live in basic accommodation
- Willing to work in close support to demining teams
- Works well under pressure and keeps to deadlines
- Works strictly according to the reporting structure
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’ core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
Basic standard in verbal and written English
Fluency in either Russian or Ukrainian highly desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
An interesting chance to work with International humanitarian organization in the field of Mine Action activities.
Contract type: National Contract
Contract start date: will be based on the starting date of ICSP project
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Ukrainian nationals.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Applications sent by email will not be considered.
ATTENTION: Though external and internal candidates are equally encouraged to apply for this position, in case of equal level of qualifications and interview performance the preference will be given to an internal candidate. Closing date for applications: 03 September 2019.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please email@example.com
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
Professionalism, impact & expertise
Humanitarian approach & the work we do
Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
Culture, values & strong leadership
Fair compensation & continuous development
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
DRC as an employer