Protection Technical Lead is responsible to provide strategic direction and vision for the protection program, ensuring its comprehensive development and high-quality implementation.
Location: Sloviansk with travels to PIN’s areas of intervention
(flexible for highly deserving candidates to be based in Kyiv with frequent travel to operational area and periodically working from Sloviansk office)
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 9 months with the possibility of extension
Under overall supervision of the Senior emergency Coordinator, Protection Technical Lead is responsible to provide strategic direction and vision for the protection program, ensuring its comprehensive development and high-quality implementation. S/he will provide technical guidance and leadership in embedding protection-mainstreaming approach across all PIN programs, by identifying programming gaps, providing recommendations, introducing assessment and monitoring tools, and building staff capacity. S/he will also lead the program transition in humanitarian-development nexus, including through limiting the direct service delivery and emphasizing the development of local capacities in responding humanitarian crisis and addressing emerging and ongoing protection needs of the most vulnerable populations.
- Protection sectoral assessment and briefs updated regularly, initiate and/or participate in multi-sectoral assessment (internally or organized by other stakeholders e.g. Clusters, working group) as and when needed
- Guided by protection principles and best international and national practices, assess the protection program concept and lead identification and development of Protection interventions, to ensure their high quality, appropriateness and comprehensiveness, in conformity with PIN “Social Protection & Inclusion” global strategy and the international standards and protocols.
- Validate and develop the short- and long-term Protection strategy, based on field reality and new funding opportunities, while ensuring strong collaboration and coordination with other actors in the sector, especially cluster partners.
- Provide technical support for proposal development and reports to PIN Program Development and Quality Assurance (PDQ) Unit on including protection-mainstreaming principles across all programs during activity design, implementation monitoring and evaluation.
- Further develop and follow up recommendations provided by the Protection Mainstreaming Expert for each sector (e.g. WASH, Shelter, Health, MHPSS, Multi-Purpose Cash and Voucher transfers), to ensure that PIN Project Team utilize these recommendations.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of Protection related programming specifically and protection mainstreaming in other sectoral programming.
- Based on findings of protection assessment and monitoring, guide relevant Project team on a regular basis in the implementation of recommendations and improvements.
- Develop required tools and material e.g. quality standard checklists, standard operating procedures for project team related to protection programming and contribute in other sectors to ensure protection mainstreaming.
- Ensure development and delivery of a mission wide protection training and knowledge-building strategy and plan, including the development of standard training materials based on clearly defined standards and competencies.
- Support advocacy in identifying advocacy solutions to protection programmatic issues.
Required background and competences:
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, social policy, international law or related discipline;
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in humanitarian/development sector preferably with voluntary organization, International NGO, UN or intergovernmental organization agencies or relevant Government Ministry/Department;
- Advanced PC skills: MS Office and Internet;
- Advanced level of English
- Critical understanding about Protection issues in Eastern Ukraine; particularly in Donbass
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian response system in Ukraine
- Knowledge and skill of understanding and applying international and national standards related to protection programming in humanitarian and development sector
- Skill to provide on-the job trainings, coaching, mentoring and nurturing to project teams on protection related subjects/topics
- Positive working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Competitive salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses between offices and areas of intervention;
- Security training;
- Possibility to participate in interesting events, trainings and briefings;
- 28 days of annual leave.
Application procedure: Please send a CV and Motivation letter in English. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.