IFES шукає молодшого/-у асистента/-ку з комунікацій та звітності. Термін для подачі заявок: 26 серпня 2019 року.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії».
Since 1994, the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) has played a key role in the emergence and modernization of democratic electoral processes and institutions in Ukraine. During this period, IFES has developed a reputation as a reliable source for impartial analysis and high-quality technical assistance in the fields of electoral and political finance reform, social inclusion and gender equality, election administration, civil society capacity building, civic education, and public opinion research.
Key directions of IFES programming in Ukraine include: defending Ukraine from cybersecurity vulnerabilities and threats in and around the electoral process; training electoral management bodies based on international standards and good practice; supporting civil society, academia and strengthening civic engagement; fostering dialogue on electoral and political finance reform; enhancing inclusion in the electoral process for underrepresented populations; strengthening key electoral and politically-exposed institutions.
IFES’ efforts have resulted in the continued enhancement of electoral administration, consensus-based electoral law reform discussions and implementation, improved cooperation on political finance oversight between government and civil society, the strengthening of Ukraine’s cybersecurity resilience, increased capacity of key civil society actors to act as partners and monitors, as well as the growth of engaged and informed civic and voter participation across the country.
Inclusion and gender equality are mainstreamed throughout IFES’ programming to promote structural reforms that will benefit all citizens of Ukraine. In addition to policy analysis, capacity building, and work with electoral management, IFES partners with Ukrainian civil society organizations to develop and promote measures that address women’s underrepresentation in Ukrainian politics and inclusion of minority populations in the electoral and political process.
IFES is a leader in the field of public opinion research in Ukraine. Since 1994, IFES has conducted 29 nationwide public opinion surveys in the country, examining socio-political issues, and attitudes toward elections and democracy, among other topics. Data from these surveys have enabled IFES to focus its technical assistance and provide valuable and up-to-date information and analysis.
IFES is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Junior Communications and Reporting Assistant. This position is based in Kyiv for a period of three months, with the possibility of extension. IFES Junior Communications and Reporting Assistant will work closely with IFES Strategic Communications Officer and IFES Project, M&E and Reporting Officer and will provide support to key communications, reporting, and M&E processes.
Main duties and job responsibilities:
- Providing support with designing, drafting and editing documents, including promotional materials, project reports and project correspondence in both English and Ukrainian;
- Assisting in development of materials for IFES Ukraine external outreach platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts;
- Assisting in administration of IFES Ukraine website;
- Drafting articles and success stories on IFES Ukraine program activities;
- Providing support with organizing and updating IFES multimedia files—photographs, videos, printed materials—as well as stakeholder contact information;
- Assisting with designing and implementing M&E activities, maintaining files and collecting/compiling M&E data for activities;
- Assisting in maintaining program tracking and reporting tools;
- Providing logistic and administrative support to select programmatic activities;
- Translating written documents and providing verbal interpretation for staff as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and specifications:
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- High attention to details;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Ukrainian;
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
Education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required;
- 0-2 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in managing databases, social media and editing websites (HTML, CSS) will be an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills, including English and Ukrainian language writing skills;
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
All interested candidates should send their CV and a half-page cover letter in English with “Junior Communications and Reporting Assistant” in subject line to Kateryna Makhova (email@example.com) copying Maksym Palamarchuk (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than by August 26, 2019.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.