R2P is hiring an economic programming expert to assess R2P’s internal displacement programming portfolio.
Right to Protection (R2P) is a Ukrainian not-for profit organization operating in close partnership with the global NGO HIAS, one of the world’s oldest refugee aid organizations. Like HIAS, R2P is dedicated to protecting refugees who find themselves in Ukraine due to dire circumstances. Additionally, R2P ensures the protection and human rights of other vulnerable migrants – the conflict affected, the internally displaced (IDPs), the stateless, the undocumented and those at risk of statelessness. R2P has been a leader in Ukraine’s humanitarian response since the outbreak of the conflict in 2014. R2P’s key programmatic strengths are legal assistance, monitoring, advocacy. We have approximately 150 staff members working across Ukraine, primarily in East Ukraine, in government-controlled Donetsk and Luhansk in addition to Kharkiv, Dnipro, and Zaporizhia with a head office in Kyiv.
R2P is considering embarking on an exciting new programming direction to empower vulnerable categories of Donbas residents to rebuild their livelihoods. Specifically, R2P is hiring an economic programming expert to assess R2P’s internal displacement programming portfolio and determine how R2P’s current programming expertise and experience could serve as a foundation for expansion into development-focused economic recovery/non-emergency cash programming aimed at income generation for vulnerable populations in East Ukraine. He or she will report to the President.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the President, IDP Programme Manager, and Advisor, undertake an assessment of R2P’s current programming portfolio with a focus on potential linkages to economic programing;
- Determine at least two types of economic projects R2P could feasibly undertake within the assessment including elaboration of one project framework.
- University level of education;
- At least 3 years livelihood/economic programming experience; preferably a mix of development and humanitarian programming that is not emergency cash focused;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Russian, and Ukrainian, both verbally and in writing;
- Expertise in proposal writing;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with diverse groups of people;
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- R2P will offer the successful applicant a contract in line with Ukrainian legislation, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to be the architect of a new programming direction and create your own project portfolio;
- The chance to work with one of Ukraine’s strongest human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Send cover letter and résumé with the name of the vacancy “Economic programming expert” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Internal applications from the current. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for interview. No phone calls, please.
Applications close date
19 July 2019. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.