UCPW seeks a Ukraine-based Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator to contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing revision of the project’s M&E system.
About UCP Wheels for Humanity
Founded in 1996, UCP Wheels for Humanity (UCPW) increases access to mobility and improves quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in less-resourced countries. UCP Wheels makes strategic investments in communities by leveraging existing capacities and empowering local stakeholders. Based on the needs of each region in which we work, we offer one or more of our direct-service or capacity-building programs. These include the provision of appropriately fitted wheelchairs and empowerment programs, as well as advocacy and training initiatives. UCP Wheels leads mobility, therapy, and empowerment programs globally and acts as an advocate and capacity-building partner to local organizations, creating sustainable, community-based systems that support long-term change. For more information, visit www.ucpwheels.org.
In support of the anticipated USAID-funded Strengthening Rehab Services and Health Systems (SRSHS) project, UCPW seeks a Ukraine-based Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator to contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing revision of the project’s M&E system. The M&E Coordinator will accurately capture performance metrics and provide for timely monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on project activities. He/she will oversee the collection, management, and analysis of project data. This position with be based in Kiev or L’viv, Ukraine. Only candidates with work authorization in Ukraine will be considered; relocation benefits will not be provided.
About the Strengthening Rehab Services and Health Systems Project
Led by UCP Wheels for Humanity (UCPW) and supported by the Ukrainian Association of Physical Therapy (UAPT), the Ukrainian National Association for People with Disabilities (NAPD), the World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT), and the Republican Medical College of Tajikistan (RMC), the USAID-funded Strengthening Rehabilitation Services in Health Systems (SRSHS) project seeks to strengthen rehab service delivery systems in Tajikistan and Ukraine by contributing to the development of policy and regulatory frameworks that are rooted in practical, local hospital-tested experiences; supporting physical therapy (PT) professionalization; and raising awareness of the relevance of rehab services to quality of life. Ultimately, the SRSHS project will strengthen the skills of rehab providers in the two countries, reach individuals and medical professionals with awareness-raising activities, and increase demand for rehab services.
Expected Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Ukraine-based Program Manager, the M&E Coordinator will be responsible for performing the following primary tasks across two implementation sites in Ukraine and Tajikistan:
- In coordination with UCPW HQ and the Program Manager, support the development of data collection tools and data management processes that adhere to USAID and UCPW guidance and meet the needs of the program for learning, analysis, and reporting
- Oversee the collection, management, and analysis of project data, including sub-awardee and partner data, in line with USAID M&E best practices
- Support and advise colleagues on activity-level M&E reporting, ensuring quality and consistency across technical areas
- Ensure that data collection systems and mechanisms comply with internal and donor standards for data validity, reliability, and security
- Develop guidelines and tools to ensure coherency in indicator tracking across project sites and partners and to achieve the project’s learning goals
- Consolidate M&E inputs from staff and partners and develop timely and responsive donor reports
- Analyze data in coordination with Program Manager and visualize data
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field; master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably working with an international NGO
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and policies related to monitoring and evaluation preferred
- Experience utilizing data to inform policy recommendations (knowledge of health policy preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and operationalizing monitoring and evaluation systems designed to track both output and outcome indicators from project design to implementation
- Ability to oversee data collection, management, and reporting with integrity
- Ability to set clear goals and manage progress toward them
- Detail-oriented with good organization and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian required; fluency in Russian highly preferred
- Willingness to travel domestically within Ukraine up to 25% of the time
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English to email@example.com no later than August 31, 2019. Please include “Application for SRSHS M&E Coordinator: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.