Community Development Associate (5 Positions available) – Duty stations: Kyiv, Kyiv region, Kharkiv, Chernigiv or Kropivnytskyi.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії».
Practice Area — Job Family: Democratic Governance
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 13/08/2019
Duty Station: Kyiv, Kyiv region, Kharkiv, Chernigiv, Kropivnytskiy.
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: 12 months with possible extension
The need for energy efficiency improvements across the Ukrainian economy is significant. Ukraine’s economy is far more energy intensive as many neighbouring countries, including Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic. One of the many sectors which need to become more energy efficient is the housing and communal sector. This sector, directly impacting on the quality of Ukrainians living conditions, is four times less energy efficient than in the average Western European country and consumes almost 45 percent of the country’s energy. Inefficient central heating systems lead to significant gas wastage. 70% of the housing stock, consisting of apartments, situated in multi-apartment buildings, housing approximately 34 million people, is highly energy inefficient.
HOUSES Project is presented in 24 Oblasts of Ukraine: Cherkasy, Chernihiv, Chernivtsi, Dnipropetrovsk (Dnipro), Donetsk (Kramatorsk), Ivano-Frankivsk, Kharkiv, Kherson, Khmelnytskyi, Kyiv, Kropyvnystskyi, Luhansk (Severodonetsk), Lviv, Mykolaiv, Odesa, Poltava, Rivne, Sumy, Ternopil, Vinnytsia, Volyn (Lutsk), Zakarpattia (Uzhgorod), Zaporizhzhia, Zhytomyr, and Kyiv city.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the strategic guidance and overall supervision of the Oblast SDG Portfolio Manager and under direct supervision of the Community Development Specialist, who will work in close collaboration and coordination with the Project Team Leader, Community Development Associate will:
- Co-manage regional support unit and coordinate with local and regional stakeholders for achieving objective of the HOUSES project;
- Mobilize local communities (residents of multi-apartment buildings), develop and nurture Home Owners Associations (HOAs) to enable them to serve as development partners in local development;
- Ensure close cooperation with HOAs to promote community led development including preparation and prioritization of community development plans for local improvement;
- Ensure close cooperation with HOAs members to facilitate the implementation of community projects and design of sustainable strategies for operation and maintenance of resulting object and/or services;
- Expand partnerships and cooperation between HOAs and the city councils for the implementation of local community projects and to have local needs, priorities and initiatives integrated into development planning of the city council;
- Work on conducting community based experimentation in the areas of alternative energy, energy efficiency, environment improvement and other priority areas of the Project;
- Develop training designs and modules, work plan and organize training programs in relation to the project implementation; prepare regular progress reports, and other reports as required;
- Support establishment/strengthening of rayon/regional level networks in the Houses Project area;
- Prepare progress reports, and other reports as per required by the organization;
- Promote project by providing substantive stories, articles and other PR activities, ensure implementation of EU visibility strategy;
- Organize special events based on key UN days or UN/UNDP themes in particular region;
- Assist with donor visits, provides services of donor guide during donor visits and events;
- Supervise the work of the project vehicle driver;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills (including, MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Sound knowledge of local community development principles, trends, and policies in Ukraine;
- Participatory methods implementing skills;
- Familiarity with the rights-based approach to development;
- Ability to set priorities, meet specific objectives, use political judgment and knowledge;
- Good interpersonal skills, diligence, open mindedness, and dedication;
- Conflict Management;
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Result orientation;
- Self-management and emotional intelligence.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Social sciences, Law, International Relations, Political Science or other relevant areas;
- At least 3 years of experience in the areas of social mobilization, community development;
- Experience in the Ukrainian state or commercial sectors in the area of energy efficiency, housing, urban development or communal services supply will be an asset;
- Experience of work with local government and non-government organizations;
- Sound knowledge of the concept of sustainable development.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian;
- Knowledge of English is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=24754&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 13, 2019