The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the officer position is day-to-day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated financial function portfolio according to plan of action as well as to Financial Handbook and other NRC policies including SOP’s
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Maintain the filling system for all financial and accounting documents and ensure filing of all financial documents according to NRC standards
- Prepare monthly financial reports and send all relevant documents
- Support project staff in financial and administrative matters
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Contribute to specific protection risks and needs analyses
- Contribute to designing of protection response to identified risks and needs.
- Verify that vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment. Be responsible for payments to suppliers, contract workers and mobilisers.
- Be responsible for disbursement of perdiem to NRC Ukraine employees according to Ukrainian legislation and NRC policies.
- Ensure that all costs are timely booked into Agresso on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Be responsible to write transactions numbers on the vouchers and label financial documents
- Prepare bank accounts reconciliations.
- Collaborate with the financial institutions to ensure that queries related to payments are timely resolved (return payments, under/over payments, suppliers/contractors’ incorrect account details etc)
- Ensure implementing of the routine for securing supporting documentation in a digital format. Follow up to ensure processing of reconciliation of deliverables (Financial part).
- Assist the Finance Coordinator (FC) and the Finance Manager (FM) in internal and external audits and preparing donor reports
- Verification of purchase requisitions (PR) and purchase orders (PO)
- Any other tasks that will be assigned by the FC.
- Experience from working as a Finance Officer/Accountant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Professional knowledge of auditing/accounting
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in the areas NRC operates
- Fluency in Ukrainian or Russian both written and verbal
- Knowledge of legal tax base for the representation office
- Experience from working with local financial institutions and tax authorities
- Experience with start-up of humanitarian/recovery or related programmes is an asset
- Good computer skills in MS Office
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Working with people
Contract period: 6 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities
Duty station: Severodonetsk, Luhansk oblast, Ukraine
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected