UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Procurement and Finance Specialist (key expert) to support implementation of EIB Technical Assistance Project (TA) under the RPP.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager/Team Leader of the EIB-TA Project under RPP, the Procurement and Finance Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support on procurement and financial issues to regional and local government clients. Specifically, s/he will perform the following key tasks:
- Provide technical assistance to final beneficiaries (regional and local government civil servants) on procurement and finance activities, in line with relevant regulatory framework and legislation in Ukraine as well as EIB and UNDP guidelines;
- Draft and submit relevant documentation, guidelines and/or technical notes on procurement and finance related issues;
- Ensure effective coordination and working relations with relevant internal and external clients and partners, including final beneficiaries/government counterparts, donors and other project stakeholders;
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of procurement and finance related matters, including internal controls and business processes of final beneficiaries;
- Provide regular updates on procurement and financial issues, including immediate identification and reporting of potential challenges and risks throughout project implementation;
- Organise and deliver training and other awareness-raising events on procurement and finance related issues;
- Analysis of tender documentation to ensure for cost saving and value-for-money;
- Timely and accurate preparation of project related documentation;
- Support preparation of specifications, ToRs and other supportive documents to facilitate conducting procurement processes;
- Provide technical guidance to ensure procurement processes managed by final beneficiaries is conducted in fair, transparent and competitive manner;
- Facilitate the process of procurement and delivery of project goods and services;
- Facilitate timely bid opening process and participate in it;
- Support relevant evaluation process of bids and proposals;
- Prepare and submit relevant project and technical reports, updates, briefings and presentations as requested by the relevant UNDP line managers;
- Support project management in preparation/revision of Project Implementation Plan;
- Collaborate with the EIB Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) and PIU consultants in: identifying unit costs and standard costs for typical and concrete sub-projects, and assess for each sub-project any cost deviations that could indicate mal-practices, promptly informing the promoter and the Bank; assessing for each sub-project funded under EIB Early Recovery Loan any indicators of acquisition of sub-standard services and/or sub-standard equipment that could indicate mal-practices, promptly informing the UNDP Project Office and Project Manager;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the project and Project Manager/Team Leader.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law, Public Administration, MBA or related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in finance, procurement, auditing, with municipal and social infrastructure projects, overseeing procurement or related field;
- Solid knowledge of procurement and audit procedures, including principles of gender-responsive procurement (local and international financial institutions (IFIs);
- Familiarity with the relevant Ukrainian national laws and procedures;
- Experience in relevant similar multi-sector programmes, in the fields of social infrastructure would be an advantage;
- Experience working with local partners at the national and municipal level in the international development context would be an advantage.
- Fluent English, Ukrainian and Russian.
This is a locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 16 August 2019.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.