UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Anti-Corruption Specialist (key expert) to support implementation of EIB Technical Assistance Project (TA) under the RPP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure implementation of respective activities of the EIB Technical Assistance Project (TA) and delivery of results responding to the needs and experiences of women and men in accordance with the project document, work plans and other joint agreements between the EIB and UNDP;
- Contribute to preparation of annual, quarterly, and detailed implementation work plans, and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the component activities;
- Provide technical advisory support to the Project Manager/Team Leader and project team members in relevant area;
- Liaise with the Oblast Administrations, local self-government authorities, lower administrative level authorities for the smooth administration and implementation of project activities;
- Contribute to the corruption risk review of tenders and enhancement of the procurement systems including training on public procurement system (Prozorro), incorporating principles of gender-responsive procurement;
- Ensure the development of anti-corruption/integrity management training programs for project’s final beneficiaries and local NGOs/CSOs;
- Ensure collection and analyzing data, studies, trends and policy framework on anti-corruption to support the implementation of ERP; keep abreast of all the developments at national and local levels;
- Ensure data (disaggregated by sex, age and other social identifiers) collection exercises in each oblast, i.e. community focus group discussions and other;
- Contribute to the implementation of Sector Integrity Vulnerability Assessments;
- Contribute to design and implementation of the third-party community-based monitoring system for recovery operations;
- Contribute to strengthening strategic communication and outreach to the regional and local authorities by developing anti-corruption guidelines and participating in the outreach activities on anti-corruption based on corporate principles of gender-responsive communication and non-discriminatory language;
- Cooperate closely with the Communication Associates of RPP to co-ordinate national and international media on highlighting the anti-corruption activities implemented under ERP, in particular, by EIB TA project;
- Contribute to the selection processes of project’s contractors and regularly oversee, supervise and monitor their work and delivery of assignments in a gender-responsive result-oriented manner (training, seminars/workshops, surveys, data collection, etc.), as well as coordinate their work in target regions, and ensure that the budget allocated for relevant activities is efficiently and properly utilized;
- Ensure support for efficient and effective delivery of the Project activities:
- Ensure full compliance of project activities with UNDP rules, regulations and procedures, including those aimed at advancing gender equality;
- Prepare sections of the project reports, including progress and annual reports, as well as ad-hoc technical reports;
- Review norms and normative, certification and other requirements (esp., environmental, energy efficiency) in case selected projects require obtain permissions and construction certificates, other permitting documentation, as required;
- Prepare manuals and instructions/procedures documents for rayon-, city- and/or oblast authorities to follow, in support for implementation of the ERP;
- Perform other activities as requested by the Project Manager/Team Leader.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Political Sciences, Law, Economics, Finance, Social Sciences, or other relevant areas; PhD degree in relevant field will be an asset.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in analysis and research in the field of anti-corruption, public finance, public policy, monitoring government performance or implementing anti-corruption initiatives or other related area;
- Strong understanding of anti-corruption issues and gender-responsive research methodologies;
- Experience in advising government officials and civil society on citizen engagement and participation, particularly on transparency and accountability at the national and regional level would be a strong asset;
- Experience of working with international organizations, with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into governance issues at the national and sub-national levels would be an asset;
- Excellent usage of computers and office software packages.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
This is a locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 16 August 2019.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.