DAI, a global development company based in the United States, is seeking an Training Coordinator for its USAID Economic Resilience Activity project. The project hopes to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine.
Submission Instructions: Please submit CVs in English. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with their technical area of expertise listed in the subject line by August 26, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Roles Purpose: ERA is seeking a person based in Kramatorsk to support the scheduling and organization of frequent and varied training events. Person will work with technical assistance, procurement, logistical and communications teams to conceptualize, schedule, organize and execute training events. Several training events every week may range from small seminars to large conferences. Events may take place in Luhansk, Donetsk and southern Zaporizhzhia oblast.
In collaboration with technical teams, person will help establish and schedule a pipeline of training events in eastern Ukraine with the goal of meeting specified project training targets. Person will work with logistics and procurement to organize and hold trainings including identifying venues, organizing invitations and catering, preparing materials, setting up venues, facilitating data collection. Person will work with procurement to contract with independent trainers as needed. Person will work with communications team to produce promotional materials and ensure event coverage.
If you can design engaging ways to train key activity stakeholders, we’d like to meet you!
Objectives and Duties:
• Under supervision of department manager map out monthly and overall annual training plans for project beneficiaries.
• Select, design and/or develop outsourced and/or in-house training programs.
• Recommend appropriate training methods or activities (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, economic development classes)
• Market available training to the Project Manager and provide necessary information about sessions
• Conduct project-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
• Use known education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques
• Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials from Logistics unit
• Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills
• Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session, collect M&E data
• Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design
• Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
• Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
• Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
• Research and recommend new training methods
• BS degree in education, training, human resources or related field
• Proven work experience as a training coordinator, trainer, training facilitator or similar role. Ideal candidate has experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship programs and e-learning
• Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events
• Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
• Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
• Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
• Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
• Experience with e-learning platforms
• MS Office proficiency
• Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
• Strong communication skills
• Strong collaboration, leadership, negotiation and problem-solving skills, and ability to work with deadlines and multiple tasks simultaneously
• Frequent travel around eastern Ukraine required; may often require irregular working hours
• Ukrainian, Russian and English required