UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Procurement and Finance Specialist (non-key expert) in Severodonetsk.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been active and present in eastern Ukraine for the past decade, prior to the conflict, with a focus on community development, civil society development, and environmental protection. Work on addressing the specific conflict-related development challenges discussed above built on this earlier engagement, established partnerships, and started in 2015 through the Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (RPP). The RPP is a multi-donor funded framework programme formulated and led by the UNDP in collaboration with the Government of Ukraine and in cooperation with a number of partnering UN agencies (UN Women, FAO, UNFPA).
UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Procurement and Finance Specialist (non-key expert) to support implementation of the EIB Technical Assistance Project (TA) under the RPP.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager/Team Leader of the EIB-TA Project under the RPP and direct supervision and guidance of Procurement and Finance Specialist (key expert), the Procurement and Finance Specialist (non-key expert) will be responsible for providing technical support on procurement and financial issues to regional and local government clients. Specifically, s/he will perform the following key tasks:
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP and EIB rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Support the procurement processes related with implementation of projects funded under EIB loan facility to ensure that it is fair, competitive, transparent, ethical and provides best value for money;
- Ensure provision of capacity development to the relevant units and departments of oblast-, city- and rayon-level administrations in project identification, preparation, implementation (integrated project preparation and implementation cycle) through trainings, seminars, information-sharing events, etc.;
- Develop and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms;
- Organize and ensure efficient collaboration with relevant counterparts and their consultants under EIB authority in: identifying unit costs and standard costs for typical and concrete sub-projects; assessing for each sub-project any indicators of acquisition of sub-standard services and/or sub-standard equipment that could indicate mal-practices.
- Contribute to preparation of financial reports and forecast, including monthly and quarterly disbursement reports and financial reports for donors; ensure the reports are prepared in accurate manner;
- Provide expert financial operational support to the TA project in accordance with EIB and UNDP rules and regulations and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Contribute to monitoring of financial processes related with implementation of projects by final beneficiaries of EIB loan facility in accordance with EIB and UNDP rules and regulations;
- Provide support in elaboration of proper mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies financial management;
- Provide support in regular analysis and reporting on the delivery situation of the projects implemented under EIB loan facility.
- Ensure technical support and guidance in establishing a project cycle profile with simple milestones for each phase of a project;
- Elaborate on and implement cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Participate in relevant working group meetings and share information with local partners;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in public procurement;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager/Team Leader, Procurement and Finance Specialist (key expert) and/or UNDP management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience at national or international level in procurement, finance, accounting, auditing, supply chain management or related field;
- Experience of working with municipal and social infrastructure projects will be an advantage;
- Experience in the field of public procurement and/or audit procedures (local and international financial institutions (IFIs) is an asset;
- Familiarity with the relevant Ukrainian national laws and procedures;
- Experience in relevant similar multi-sector programmes, in the fields of social infrastructure would be an advantage;
- Experience of work with PROZORRO would be an advantage;
- Prior experience with the UN Agency, International Organization or in projects financed by international donors in the field of procurement and finance is desirable;
- Experience working with local partners at the national and municipal level in the international development context would be an advantage;
- Fluent Ukrainian and Russian;
- Working English.
This is a locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 12 August 2019.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.