Terre des hommes Foundation шукає фінансового і адміністративного спеціаліста.
Location: Kiev, with limited travel in the country
Position Type: Full-time/ Possible negotiation for part time
Duration: 1 year contract with possibility for extension.
Terre des hommes is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Through our health, protection and emergency aid projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in over 38 countries each year. In Ukraine our strategy aims at supporting the population affected by the conflict and developing programmes for children affected by migration and children in conflict with the law.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Know and comply with the delegation’s budgetary framework;
- Ensure recording of accounting entries and allocation of costs to different donors contracts;
- Perform financial controls to ensure that all expenditures reflect and comply with financial procedures;
- Follow-up of projects related budgets;
- Manage implementing partners’ financial reports and control the proper use of the funds according to all financial procedures;
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager to develop monthly cash plans project;
- Participate in meeting for budget tracking with the programs / project teams;
- Maintenance of organisation accounting on daily basis in SAGA software; Draw up the financial reports for the different sponsors/donors;
- Participate in taking strategic decisions which have financial implications and warn superiors about the potential risks;
- Perform analytical monitoring of funds;
Legal regulations on accounting and human resource
- Manage the relation with the accounting and payroll service providers (external);
- Manage HR related issues (payrolls, time-sheets, contracts, holidays, travels etc.)
- Prepare accounting/human resource documents to submit to external service providers;
- Keep the account books required by the country’s regulations;
- File and maintain proper records for all the above on computer book-keeping package (hard copy and electronic copy);
- Assist in the preparation for financial audits;
Bank and payments
- Carry out bank transactions and payments;
- Check the bills sent by the suppliers before any payment;
- Participate in updating the internal procedures (procedure handbook);
- Check the cash periodically and notify internal control structures;
- Control of any discrepancies observed;
- Verify the authenticity of cash and bank documents, enter them and file them;
- Maintain the bank accounts monitoring the receipts and expenditure;
Administration and logistics
- Conduct procurements with support from the project team;
- Manage the functioning of the office;
- Support other processes when needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree in relevant field;
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience in accounting and finances, ideally in NGO;
- Knowledge of generally accepted national accounting, budgeting, budget monitoring and general ledger skills;
- Experience in using such computer software as Microsoft Office, 1C: Enterprise, knowledge of database packages;
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner;
- Efficient management of the workflow with minimal supervision;
- Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision;
- Resourceful in gathering, verifying and analysing financial data with ability to interpret financial information and reports;
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing and administrative skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multidiscipline and multicultural environment;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian required and English is a strong advantage
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to: [email protected]
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
*** Tdh offers equal opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, faith, colour, religion, gender, marital status, political affiliations. ***
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Deadline: applications are reviewed as they arrive.