Регіональний координатор в Проект USAID. Дедлайн - 31 липня 2019 року.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії».
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
SACCI is seeking to support the regional government institutions – more specifically Pokrov (Dnipropetrovsk oblast) and Drohobych (Lviv oblast) – in reaching higher levels of transparency, civic engagement and youth empowerment for integrity and participation. Throughout Year II, SACCI intends to strengthen its day-to-day presence with the champion institutions and region at large, deepen its understanding of the local-level needs of target communities and have a physical presence at events organized by/in partnership with local authorities under the SACCI auspices.
SACCI seeks 2 regional coordinators to represent the project with a wide range of stakeholders in the target regions, and to serve as extended team of the project to assist the selected authorities, citizens’ groups and CSOs and media to collaborate on issues of transparency and integrity in the noted localities. The coordinators are expected to work on the following wide priorities (specified in the deliverables’ table below):
- Oversee the progress of SACCI-initiated interventions as per action plans signed with local government counterparts (30%);
- Represent the project throughout communications with stakeholders and media (30%);
- Gather and advocate with the local government counterparts the ideas and initiatives of the civil society, citizen interest groups, and media that fall under the priorities of SACCI (20%);
- Assist SACCI staff with monitoring performance of local-level grant initiatives (20%)
Expected level of effort: not to exceed 150 expert days until 31 December 2019.
Oversee progress of SACCI initiated interventions as per action plans signed with local government counterparts
- Track progress of activities incorporated into the assistance plans/cooperation plans with the target local authorities, communicate daily with and provide regular updates to the SACCI Kyiv team, including to ensure proper data collection for reports;
- Work closely with SACCI CSO partners (including but not limited to Transparency International Ukraine, EIDOS Center for Political Studies and Analysis and Ukraine Crisis Media Center) when they plan events in or around target regions and contribute to the action plans signed with the local government counterparts and provide feedback on the events conducted;
- Summarize proposals from local government counterparts to amend/add activities to the existing cooperation plans;
Represent the project throughout communications with stakeholders and media
- Attend meetings and events initiated by local government counterparts, citizen interest groups, CSOs and/or media outlets to represent the SACCI project, summarize issues and inform the SACCI Kyiv team of necessary steps to be taken (if any);
- Spread the messages about the project at the local level, answer queries about the project (with assistance from the SACCI Communications Team), promote the values that the project works to inculcate with the local community;
- Serve as the local youth focal point and work closely with the SACCI Kyiv team focal point on youth to spread the existing integrity education tools throughout the local educational system;
Gather and advocate with the local government counterparts the ideas and initiatives of the civil society, citizen interest groups and media that fall under the priorities of SACCI
- Report on ideas that emerge through community consultations, petitions or any other civic consultation mechanisms as pertinent to the project priority themes;
- With SACCI Kyiv team assistance, help the local communities (citizens’ groups, CSOs, youth networks, media) shape ideas into actionable micro-projects for SACCI or other donors’ support;
Assist SACCI staff with monitoring performance of local-level grant initiatives
- Serve as primary quality assurance, mentor and advisor to the smaller, regional grants projects that are initiated in or close to selected regions;
- Ensure that local government counterparts are aware about the local-level grant initiatives, and constructive communication between them;
- Serve as a contact person with other grant implementors/international technical assistance initiatives working in the region, if any.
- Higher education (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) in law, political science, public policy, public administration, media or other relevel field;
- Over 3 years of work experience. Preference is given to experience in the public sphere, local government, or media. Prior work with international technical assistance projects is an asset;
- Prior experience of cooperation with the given local authorities ( Khmelnytskiy, Pokrov) is a strong asset;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate easily with different target audiences and manage talks on complicated, politically-charged topics. Good negotiations skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, monitor results and furnish necessary reporting;
- Experience to moderate events and conduct interviews on sensitive issues;
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines;
- Adherence to high ethical standards and gender sensitivity;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, English language knowledge is a strong asset.
*Deadline for applying for this position – 31 July 2019, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when applying for this position.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.