Stichting International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) шукає досвідченого фахівця у команду на посаду INSO Deputy Monitoring Officer (DMO) у Києві. Дедлайн - 23 липня 2019 року.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії».
09 July 2019
Position : Deputy Monitoring Officer
Line Manager : Head of Mission
Country Office : Ukraine
Work Location : Kyiv
Founded in 2011, Stichting International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) registered in The Hague supports the safety of aid workers by operating safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
INSO Ukraine Country Office
INSO has been operational in Ukraine since July 2015 and currently brings together 46 registered NGOs operating country-wide, particularly in Eastern Ukraine. INSO Ukraine focuses on providing security- and access-related information in near to real-time and helps raise awareness of the existing risks and mitigation strategies.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as INSO Deputy Monitoring Officer (DMO) to be based in Kyiv.
The Deputy Monitoring Officer will combine a strong humanitarian and safety background with experience of a similar country risk context, a clear understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles, he/she will be skilled in English, written conflict analysis and he/she will be able to interpret and articulate and publish best information and principled, expert advice to a broad range of humanitarian actors.
(The below mentioned list of responsibilities is not exhaustive: flexibility is a must and other tasks may be requested to adapt to operational needs, like covering other areas during leave of a colleague).
- Close daily monitor developments in conflict area. Informing INSO team upon occurrence of an incident or in anticipation of an event.
- Follow up, collect and validate detailed information on all incidents, especially where an NGO is involved or may be affected.
- Compile incident list on daily basis, employing required verification methods.
- Provide NGOs with credible security information and contextual analysis of the local security situation through written alerts, independents security advisory services, monthly incident lists, and through contributing to monthly analytical reports.
Data Gathering & Reporting
- Pro-actively collect information relevant to NGOs safety and security in Ukraine regions: create and maintain a diversified network of stakeholders
- Pro-actively collect information relevant to NGOs safety and security. Monitor all major Ukraine news websites to capture and validate security incidents which will affect NGOs directly or indirectly
- Ensure information collected is properly validated to ensure its credibility.
- Report this information in high-quality reports to INSO membership. The reports will use a standard format/style as provided by INSO.
- Proof-read reports, and ensure that reports are of high quality and compliant with INSO standards in terms of content, style and formatting
- Ensure a confidentiality of requests and reports.
- Report immediately to the line manager any security incident concerning NGOs or important news.
- Be on standby and available for any complement of information request by the line manager.
- Conduct monthly briefings in Ukraine as required.
- Release Flash Reports for Ukraine in case the line manager is not in the country.
- Follow up events and prepare statistical reports whenever required
Direct Support to NGOs
- As directed, conduct security reviews and assessments
- Draft high quality mission/assessment reports.
- Provision of oral Briefs and travel advisories to NGOs bilaterally and in group meetings
- Be available to NGOs to provide expert advice.
- Response to Security Incidents
- Be available and reachable 24/7 for NGOs in their area of operation
- Support immediately any INSO member experiencing a security incident: threat analysis, enquiry, support toward local authorities, etc.
Support to the Research & Analysis Unit
- Participate the drafting of maps and analysis reports (area briefs, monthly, special Reports)
- Travel to other parts of Eastern Ukraine to conduct further research work.
Representation / coordination
- Act as the focal point for information sharing between the relevant actors and NGOs
- Conduct monthly safety NGO briefings with a presentation in Sloviansk, Sievierodonetsk, Mariupol
- Be in communication and on good terms with all relevant stakeholders
- Fluent in Ukrainian, Russian, and English languages (written and spoken)
- Ukraine national
- Proven writing and analytical abilities (sample requested).
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian principles and their application.
Preferred Characteristics: (Not mandatory, but advantageous. Please specify in cover letter)
- Experience with NGO security and/or project management
- Degree in Political Sciences, Journalism, Communication, History, or another relevant field
- Employment history that reflects experience in both security and civilian fields
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the historical and current social, political, and security contexts within the region.
- Detailed understanding of INSO mandate and services.
- Existing (relevant) local information networks and contacts.
- Information management and GIS skills
Terms & Conditions:
12-months official employment contract with a 3-month probationary period with expected start date 12 August 2019, UAH 46,850 Gross salary.
How to apply:
Interested persons are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure to reference ‘INSO DMO’ in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date of 23 July 2019:
- Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in (2 page maximum).
- Up to date CV (5 page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.