For U-LEAD with Europe | Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme, implemented by GIZ, we are looking for an Office Assistant (full time 100%) to work in Dnipro.
In the last few years, Ukraine has developed and adopted various laws in favour of an ambitious decentralisation reform, which reshapes the relations between the national, regional and local level and builds institutional capacity. In the beginning of 2019, the Cabinet of Ministers has adopted a roadmap outlining necessary steps to finalize this reform process and the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services (MinRegion) has published a detailed operational plan, with the necessary steps and a time table to achieve this goal. The success of the decentralisation reform greatly depends on the coordination and cooperation between the different stakeholders involved, including central government and regional offices. The MinRegion is responsible for the overall implementation of this milestone reform process. The U-LEAD with Europe Programme supports 24 Local Government Development Centres in all Ukrainian Oblasts via its main programme office in Kyiv and four offices in Lviv, Poltava, Chernivtsi and Dnipro.
As support to our regional office in Dnipro, we are looking for a highly-motivated, organized and innovative Office Assistant to deal with issues related to content and programme management, in addition to maintaining close cooperation and coordination with the Kyiv office.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Support to the smooth running of the regional office (coordination of meetings of the different staff members, documentation and filing, internet research, correspondence)
- Close cooperation with the Kyiv office and Local Government Development Centres
- Assistance in travel management and accounting (planning, hotel bookings, preparation of all relevant documents etc.)
- Assistance in registration processes (visa etc. of international employees) in close cooperation with the GIZ Country Office
- Support in the organization and logistical preparation of events such as workshops, trainings, delegation visits and conferences in the region
- Preparation of contracts and purchases of office material etc.
- Translation of receipts and during meetings from Ukrainian into English or German
- Compliance with GIZ rules and standards
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Vocational administrative or commercial degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar position
- Budgetary and procurement experience
- Experience in event and travel management
- Very good command of the English language is obligatory, native level of Ukrainian and /or Russian; good knowledge of German is an asset
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Work experience with GIZ and / or other international organisations is an asset
- Professional or academic experience abroad considered an asset
- Voluntary experience considered an asset
- Reliability, confidentiality, flexibility and stress resistance
- High degree of loyalty, self-organization and motivation
- Team player with intercultural communication skills
- Willingness to travel to Kyiv for workshops and other regions of Ukraine
Starting as soon as possible. The contract duration is until the end of December, 2019.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising your CV and a cover letter to HR-UA@giz.de explaining your motivation to apply for the job until 17.07.2019.