Human Rights Officer в ПРООН в Україні. Дедлайн - 11 липня 2019 року (далі - англ.).
Agency: Office High Comm for Human Rig
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 11/07/2019
Duty Station: Kramatorsk, Ukraine
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Under the overall supervision of HRMMU Head of Mission and immediate supervision of the Head of Office in the geographical or thematic area of responsibility, the Human Rights Officer leads the work on assigned human rights activities ensuring the implementation of the Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine’s (HRMMU) mandate, including monitoring and reporting, of human rights situation in Ukraine, identification of emerging and evolving trends of human rights concerns and violations, provision of advice on human rights issues with the optimal use of resources designated to HRMMU through transparent process in accordance with the established strategies and priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the UN Human Rights Monitoring Mission in Ukraine, and the direct supervision of a Head of Office in the geographic and/or thematic area of assignment, the National Human Rights Officer’s main responsibilities and tasks are as following:
- Identify human rights issues/problem areas, emerging and evolving trends of human rights concerns and violations as well as response and capacity gaps, and substantively contribute to the development of a strategy to respond to the situation;
- Research, collect, document and analyse information pertaining to the human rights situation in the area of assignment;
- Provide input and advice on human rights issues as relevant to the mission’s work in the geographic and/or thematic area of assignment;
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with relevant standards and methods of work, including for protection and safe handling of information;
- Engage in dialogue and carry out advocacy with relevant national authorities (civil and military), civil society organizations, the United Nations Country Team members and other international actors and stakeholders on human rights promotion and protection with a view to ensuring respect for human rights obligations;
- Coordinate with other relevant stakeholders, including regional organizations, in the pursuit of the mandate of the monitoring mission;
- Liaise with national human rights institutions, national and international NGOs and other actors and stakeholders on issues relating to human rights, including their awareness and capacity to protect and promote human rights in the area of responsibility as well as raising an awareness of human rights information activities;
- Ensure the integration of universally recognized human rights, and the gender dimension, in all activities to be carried out within the area of responsibilities;
- Use information management tools developed by OHCHR, including the database;
- Participate in and contributes to lessons learned processes;
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Head of the monitoring mission and Human Rights Officer in the geographic and/or thematic area of assignment.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on coordination activities and fulfillment of HRMMU objectives, activities and outputs, in accordance with human rights situation on the assigned region and area of responsibility.
- Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda;
- Building Strategic Partnerships;
- Innovation and Marketing New Approaches;
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing;
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise;
- Client Orientation.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Respect for diversity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent) in law, social/political science, international relations or other relevant area;
- A combination of relevant academic qualifications and extensive experience, at the minimum a completed Bachelor’s degree and 2 additional years of extensive relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the promotion and protection of human rights and related areas;
- Experience of monitoring and reporting on human rights situation and identifying relevant technical cooperation needs in a crisis context would be a significant asset;
- Knowledge of the region is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian.
UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=22235&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 11, 2019