The Norwegian Refugee Council шукає провідного фахівця відділу продовольчої безпеки та життєзабезпечення.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії».
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC is looking for Food Security and Gender Technical Officer in our office in Severodonetsk.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with CC strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- CC specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities of CC project(s)
- CC specific technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of CC project(s)
- CC specific technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities
- CC specific technical responsibility for project documentation of technical activities of CC project(s)
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- When required, propose needs assessments activities and draft Scope of Work/Terms of Reference for assessment teams/consultants
- Provide technical assistance to LFS team members and local partners involved in provision of food security and gender-related assistance
- Lead/support identification and mapping of local governmental or non-government partners relevant to planning and implementation of food security and gender-related interventions
- Promote new and innovative approaches and modalities for assisting IDPs and the conflict affected populations;
- Continuously assess market developments, i.e. needs and relevant actors’ activities, and provide up to date information and advice to programme staff
- Regularly ensure adequate follow-up, monitoring and reporting of program activities through active coordination with monitoring and reporting team.
- Support coordination of food security/gender related interventions between NRC and other relevant stakeholders, in first place governmental institutions and humanitarian/aid agencies
- Contribute towards the development of the NRC food security and livelihood strategies.
- Assess target groups’ food security and gender-related needs and analyze available and relevant external reports and studies focusing on food insecure and most vulnerable, prioritizing women, youth, elderly and other marginalized groups
- A degree in economics, social sciences or business studies
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Experience with cash based interventions
- Good understanding of SPHERE minimum standards and gender-balanced approaches.
- Capacity and aptitude to undertake food security-related research and collate information as required
- Focused, output driven and able to meet deadlines on a regular basis. Personable, professional with high levels of probity and integrity.
- Strong teamwork and influencing skills, the ability to work with other departments to achieve objectives within tight timeframes.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
Contract period: 10 Months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities
Duty station: Severodonetsk, Luhansk oblast, Ukraine
Please note that we will contact only with shortlisted candidates.