Вакансію подовжено. ПРООН в Україні шукає у свою команду водія у Львів та Одесу. Дедлайн - 30 червня 2019 року.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії»
Title: Driver (Lviv, Odesa)
Practice Area - Job Family: Democratic Governance
Vacancy End Date: 30/06/2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Lviv, Odesa, Ukraine
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 2 year(s) experience
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: 12 months with possible extension
The need for energy efficiency improvements across the Ukrainian economy is significant. Ukraine’s economy is far more energy intensive as many neighbouring countries, including Poland, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic. One of the many sectors which need to become more energy efficient is the housing and communal sector. This sector, directly impacting on the quality of Ukrainians living conditions, is four times less energy efficient than in the average Western European country and consumes almost 45 percent of the country’s energy. Inefficient central heating systems lead to significant gas wastage. 70% of the housing stock, consisting of apartments, situated in multi-apartment buildings, housing approximately 34 million people, is highly energy inefficient.
Opportunities to address this issue have recently emerged with the passing of a new law that implements a EU directive on the efficiency of buildings in July 2017, and the set-up of an Energy Efficiency Fund in December 2017. The Fund will provide financing to implement thermal modernization projects, establishing effective heating and cooling systems and equipment, as well as replacing existing systems and equipment with more efficient ones. Financing of energy efficiency projects will take the form of partial refunds of the projects costs to individuals and legal entities, or loans. The EU is willing to support the Energy Efficiency Fund, through a multi-donor financing mechanism managed by the IFC.
In this context, UNDP and IFC are called upon by the EU to contribute, through technical assistance, to the improvement of the Ukrainian housing stock energy efficiency. UNDP is intervening during a period of 24 months to fully prepare Home Owners Associations (HOAs) throughout the country for projects’ financing and implementation. Further, over a period of 36 months, IFC will work with and support the UNDP prepared HOAs in their energy efficiency projects’ financing and implementation.
UNDP’s proposed Project specific objectives are to stimulate and support the creation of Home Owners Associations (HOAs) at local level, and to prepare them to obtain financing for their home improvement projects. The indicative number of HOAs to be established and supported is 2000 throughout the country’s 24 Oblasts. The Project will directly benefit an average of 240,000 people throughout Ukraine and will help raise energy efficiency awareness of no less than 500,000 people overall.
In this regard, UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of Driver to support implementation of the HOUSES project.
Under and overall supervision and guidance of Administrative Officer, direct supervision and strong day-to-day coordination ensured by Community Development Associate in the respective duty station the Diver assists in the effective and efficient management of the HOUSES project providing driving and administrative support, applies and promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely and safe driving of project employees, consultants, project guests, project visitors, UNDP staff in the project official vehicles at the authorization from the project management;
- Performing tasks related to the daily maintenance of the vehicle;
- Maintaining daily vehicle logs (mileage, fuel consumption, travel routs) and submitting logs to the Administrative Officer on a timely basis;
- Ensuring that repair and maintenance services are done on project vehicles in time;
- Ensuring that all instructions regulating safe driving behavior and Rules of the Road are in hand and strictly followed;
- Ensuring that the vehicle has valid insurance and first aid kit;
- Driving the project’s vehicle for delivery and collection of mails, documents, pouches, equipment and other administrative tasks as required under the project;
- Assist in the organization of and logistical preparation for field trips, visiting missions, etc;
- Assist in reviewing records related to in-country missions and field trips;
- Support in registry of incoming and outgoing documents and correspondence;
- Provide clerical support to project activities;
- Assist in general maintenance of the office premises;
- Performing other duties as required.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Delivery of quality driving service through well maintaining of vehicle and safe driving.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Excellent driving skills;
- Relations with colleagues and ability to be an effective team player;
- Communication and listening skills.
- Technical proficiency in vehicle maintenance;
- Excellent knowledge of the Ukrainian Rules of the Road;
- Be proactive, energetic, committed;
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Ability to drive in difficult/extreme situations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education;
- Valid Ukrainian driving license (minimum category B, preferable - all);
- At least 2 years of professional driving experience;
- Fluent Ukrainian and Russian, English would be an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply now.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 30, 2019