ПРООН в Україні шукає Project Coordinator / Parliamentary Reform Team Lead. Дедлайн - 15 серпня 2019 року.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії»
Title: Project Coordinator / Parliamentary Reform Team Lead
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA): 15/08/2019
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Contract Duration: 12 months with possible extension
The EU-UNDP Parliamentary Reform Project (PRP) is aimed at strengthening the functioning of the Ukrainian Parliament, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (VRU), to become a progressively more effective, accountable and transparent institution in carrying out its constitutional responsibilities of legislation, oversight, and representation with positive influence on the overall process of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Democratic Governance Portfolio Manager, Project Coordinator/ Parliamentary Reform Team Lead will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Ensure overall operational management of the Project and delivery of results in accordance with the project document and work plans and other joint agreements between the parliamentary and governmental stakeholders, EU and UNDP;
- Ensure timely preparation, update and implementation of annual and detailed implementation work plans for the project, and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the project activities;
- Build capacity of and ties with the key partners and stakeholders at the national and regional levels. Establish and maintain dialogue with government officials of parliamentary and governmental bodies, both national and local (where appropriate), NGOs, partners, EU and other donors and communities to provide knowledge and understanding, ensuring an accurate interpretation of the project’s mission;
- Provide substantive input to the project activities, ultimate in-project quality assurance for achieving the overall project outputs, ensure timely implementation of project activities, including reporting on progress vis-à-vis planned activities and expected outputs;
- Coordinate and supervise the work of project team members, experts and consultants, including the preparation of the terms of reference, facilitation of recruitment, engagement of national experts and subcontractors, forward planning of project activities and budget expenditures, activity scheduling, monitoring of work/results and reporting;
- Act as a principal representative of the project during assurance review meetings, evaluations and in discussions and, hence, be responsible for preparation of review and evaluation reports such as the Mid-Term and Annual Project Report (APR) for the consideration of the UNDP management;
- Assure correct personnel management and procurement of goods/services;
- Coordinate among stakeholders as well as among various structures of parliamentary and governmental institutions on behalf of UNDP in the subject area;
- Keep close cooperation with the UNDP CO on different issues regarding project implementation process;
- Represent the project during the public events, PR and media activities, ensure the proper communication of project results through UNDP communication channels and in accordance with the EU visibility guidelines;
- Establish and maintain dialogue with government officials of parliamentary and governmental bodies, both national and local (where appropriate), NGOs, partners, EU and other donors and communities to provide knowledge and understanding, ensuring an accurate interpretation of the project’s mission;
- Provide technical advisory support to UNDP in engagement with the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Government of Ukraine, line ministries and other relevant governmental institutions to support the capacity development and implementation of project initiatives. Act as the specialized focal point of UNDP assistance in the subject area;
- Ensure coordination with relevant working groups and information on the project activities are shared;
- Facilitate in collection, analysis and interpretation of data in the field of project implementation in the target regions and Ukraine in general. Ensure availability of an up-to-date information on all critical issues related to the Project;
- Prepare updates to UNDP with situation analysis (political, social, and economic) in the field of the programme implementation, when required;
- Ensure that the Atlas Project Management module is updated on a regular basis;
- Ensure compliance with UNDP project management policies and procedures;
- Perform other duties as requested.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Full and appropriate implementation of the Project in line with UNDP Financial Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP SOP;
- Partnerships with project stakeholders developed and maintained;
- Project reports produced in time and of a high quality;
- Project overall results, experiences and lessons learned captured and disseminated at the national and regional levels;
- Quality monitoring and closure activities completed.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Relevant outputs of the project annual work plan are fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery for the Project is reached 100% with SMART indicators proving the level of achievement;
- Project operational requirements are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self –management and emotional intelligence;
- Strong analytical, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals;
- Results-Based Project Development and Management: assesses programme financial performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into programme work; researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration.
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing: generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things; documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Client Orientation: researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion; organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
- Innovation and Marketing New Approaches: generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things; documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches;
- Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals: performed analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses; uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for global advocacy work and adapts it for use at country level.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in political or social sciences, international relations, development studies, law, public administration, business administration, project management or another related field;
- Minimum 10 years of proven experience in component/project/programme coordination, policy development and analysis, managing teams or project component;
- Experience in delivering capacity development, advisory and advocacy services to the Parliament and/or Government institutions in the relevant fields;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 15, 2019