Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Specialist. Deadline - June 14, 2019.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії»
Chemonics seeks qualified specialists for the USAID Ukraine Democratic Governance East (DG East) Activity. The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s purpose is to “strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine” and methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. The position will be based in Kramatorsk.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and manage a network of key local and regional NGOs that will benefit from DG East outreach training and activities, including, but not limited to:
- Researching and analyzing the needs of key local and regional NGOs and proposing creative ways of meeting those needs in DG East initiatives.
- Researching and advising DG East leadership on opportunities to collaborate with local and regional NGOs in programs and activities that are aligned with DG East mission and strategy.
- Collaborating with other technical specialists, Activity Implementation Managers, and other Activity personnel to support DG East technical design and implementation.
- Ensuring DG East’s NGO network and community partners are updated regularly about DG East programs and activities.
- Representing DG East in local and regional NGOs meetings, as required.
- In collaboration with DG East Capacity Building Specialist, Civic Engagement Specialist, and the DCOP/Civil Society Lead, participate in the design and implementation of training programs and activities targeting NGO networks to build organizational capacity.
- Participate in the design of communication activities targeting communities and NGOs.
- Help identify and support local and regional NGOs to increase their constituencies.
- Supports the Inclusion Specialist and DG East leadership to carry out structured meetings with DG East partners (media organizations, government organizations, non-government organizations, etc.) to identify opportunities for inclusive community initiatives.
- Aid DG East leadership and Grants and Subcontract Managers to develop sound scopes of work for technical experts and Requests for Applications for activities engaging NGOs, as necessary.
- Prepare reports, as required, on NGO engagement and interventions, including, but not limited to:
- Preparing regular reports on status of cooperation with NGO networks.
- Providing information on DG East NGO engagement and activities for DG East communications outputs.
- Familiarize, understand and implement policy, procedures, legal regulations and objectives applicable to areas of responsibility.
- As needs dictate, the supervisor may assign ad hoc special tasks and duties to the NGO Specialist to ensure the overall efficient development of program activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a sociology or other social science, business administration or other relevant field (e.g., NGO or organization management).
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Ability to work in a multinational, multicultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and time management.
- Computer literacy: MS windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to build consensus and coordinate with diverse actors, including government, NGOs and civil society organizations, and the private sector.
- Fluent in Ukrainian and Russian, and proficient in English.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with their technical area of expertise listed in the subject line by June 14, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”