ПРООН в Україні шукає National Programme Officer on Drug Dependence Treatment and Care (UNODC). Дедлайн - 7 червня 2019 року.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії»
Agency: UN Office on Drugs & Crime
Title: National Programme Officer on Drug Dependence Treatment and Care (UNODC)
Practice Area - Job Family: HIV and Health
Vacancy End Date: 07/06/2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Education & Work Experience: I-Master’s Level Degree - 3 year(s) experience
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: 12 months with possible extension
This position is located in Ukraine, Kyiv, and is under overall guidance of the Head, Regional Programme Office, and the technical support from the Prevention, Treatment and Rehabilitation Section in UNODC HQ. The incumbent will serve as national programme officer supporting implementation of GLOK32 and the INL-agency funded UNODC programme. The goal of GLOK32 is to promote and support worldwide, evidence-based and ethical treatment policies, strategies and interventions to reduce the health and social burden caused by drug use and dependence, with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. The project strategy envisages activities at the global, regional and national level. Key technical tools such as the UNODC/WHO International Standards for the Treatment of Drug Use Disorders provide thematic guidance for project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for implementation and day-to-day management of the UNODC-WHO Programme on Drug Dependence Treatment and Care (GLOK32) in Ukraine and the INL funded project activities in Ukraine and act as a resource person on substantive issues related to demand reduction, drug dependence treatment, policy improvement, and other related duties.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Regional Programme Office, the National Programme Officer will close cooperate with UNODC Prevention, Treatment and Rehabilitation Section to achieve the following key tasks:
- Independently provide a range of project management and implementation assistance at all phases of the project/s cycle for the Drug Demand Reduction, especially the Drug Dependence Treatment and Care Programmes and the UNODC-WHO Programme on Drug Dependence Treatment and Care (GLOK32) and INL in Ukraine;
- Provide expert and technical support to the countries of responsibility of the UNODC programme office in Ukraine;
- Act as a mentor/resource person in the field of drug demand reduction, specifically in the field of drug use disorders treatment and ensure development and regular update of national mentoring plans for relevant stakeholders;
- Lead administrative aspects of programme planning and preparation for the delivery of activities of demand reduction programmes which are coordinated with relevant stakeholders;
- Contribute to mobilising of goods, services and other project inputs, preparing ToRs for experts, consultants, Concept notes for a meetings, training programmes, workshops, and other needed documents;
- Compile data on implementation of the UNODC-WHO Programme on Drug Dependence Treatment and care (GLOK32) in Ukraine project - such as details of participants, gender segregation, and agencies represented at the trainings, meetings, and workshops, and update the Training Register/s accordingly;
- Provide high quality analysis and draft presentations of information/data on specific project and related topics; highlight noteworthy issues/trends for stakeholders and HQ consideration;
- Effective implement of the UNODC SOPs, effective monitoring of the project/s performance and timely production of the result-oriented progress reports in line with the governments‘, UNODC’s regulations and donor agreements;
- Provide regular inputs for donor reporting at the request of Supervisor or UNODC HQ;
- Prepare documentation, analyses and collates papers/reports, including background materials, documentation on training courses and meetings, data for evaluation, briefing notes, working papers etc., demand reduction related activities in the country;
- Provide the financial and technical support to the development of evidence-based and accessible drug dependence treatment and care service delivery networks;
- Implement and coordinate assessments of available data collection tools, reporting mechanisms and treatment system, training sessions of data collection focal points for the drug information systems in the country;
- Support advocacy actions for a policy, legal and community framework favourable to drug demand reduction activities;
- Facilitate the organization of the training and other capacity-building assistance for criminal justice actors, including the development of reports.
Participates in effective management of the Ukraine segment of GLOK32 focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of project activities, achieving the following results:
- Implement of the annual work plan and quarterly work plans for implementation in consultation with stakeholders;
- Provide of inputs to quarterly, semi-annual and annual narrative and financial reports of GLOK32;
- Maintaine the constant liaison with all beneficiary agencies to ensure timely delivery of activities and provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects activities, tracking use of financial resources;
- Prepare and analyse of project budget proposals including budget revisions, monitoring checklists, and coordination of submissions of work proposals and budget estimates;
- Provide the additional inputs and data for external project reports as necessary;
- Maintaine the shadow budgeting to ensure that budgetary limits are not exceeded in accordance with UNODC budgetary provisions.
Maintain partnerships for project implementation with implementing partners:
- Provide guidance to implementing partners and assistance to coordination, monitoring and expedition of project activities including extensive liaison with all stakeholder agencies to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, and resolve issues related to project implementation;
- Identify and establish linkages with key national counterparts, stakeholders and resource persons, as well as with bilateral and multilateral partners involved in research and data collection, drug use prevention, drug dependence treatment and care as applicable;
- Contribute to and participate in meetings and national events related to drug use prevention, drug dependence treatment and care as well as data collection, research and monitoring and evaluation as applicable;
- Establish links with relevant UNODC and WHO projects, as well as with relevant external partners in those areas, including civil society organizations and non-UN organizations;
- Proactively support and seek opportunities for fundraising strategies on drug use prevention and drug dependence treatment and care;
- Collaborate closely with relevant Sections and Branches at UNODC and WHO (Country office, Regional Office and at Headquarters), especially UNODC/PTRS;
- Effective support to various planning instruments such as internal work plans; assistance on reporting requirements, guidelines, rules and procedures and ensuring completeness and accuracy of data submitted;
- As applicable, lead project team in preparation of formal closures of projects, final budget revision, transfer of equipment, clearance, publication and distribution of final report.
Provides top quality support services to the nationally implemented projects:
- Initiate and maintain partnerships with development partners, government institutions, private sector, civil society and other stakeholders to contribute to the achievement of project results;
- Prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation and tracks timely receipt of pledged funds from the donor;
- Prepare of correspondence and communications related to all aspects of project administration, including work plan and budgets, revisions and other implementation related issues with all stakeholders;
- Encourage stakeholder buy-in and ownership in implementation of project activities through in-kind contribution.
Facilitation of knowledge building and management, producing and disseminating lesson learnt from designated projects and support to the promotion of cross-project, cross-unit knowledge fertilization:
- Organize of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on demand reduction (especially drug dependence treatment and care);
- Organize of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme management issues;
- Contributes to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Contribute to development of knowledge products under the project.
Perform other tasks and assignments as necessary:
- Provide expert and technical advisory support to local authorities and communities in development and implementation of the strategy of health through informational, educational and capacity development activities for regional and local authorities, staff of the hospitals and population;
- Develop and conduct the health reform implementation plan on regional level;
- Collect and analyze the official annual data on None Communicable Desires (NCDs), Desires Communicable (tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, etc.) for adopting the implementation plan;
- Conduct workshops on good governance, budgeting and financial planning of local health care expenditure for local authorities/doctors in profile departments;
- Develop the professional platform for networking and partnership building with national and regional authorities, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), private sector and international development organizations or projects;
- Support in organization of study visits of two sub-national stakeholders to the USA or the EU country to benchmark and contribute to the evidence base on what is needed in terms of health governance, planning and budgeting, service delivery and quality of services;
- Contribute to the development of the Guide on community/local health governance in hospital districts, their development and strengthen their capacity;
- Contribute to capacity assessment, capacity building and technical assistance for improvement of medical services on local level;
- Conduct the trainings on external resource mobilization and grant management for healthcare authorities, and members of territorial communities (hromada).
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Full and appropriate implementation of the duties in-line with the project activities;
- Results, experiences and lessons learned during implementation of the projects;
- Reporting and quality monitoring activities completed.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results:
- Respective sections of the annual work plan of the projects are fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery allocated for the project activities reached as much as possible;
- Programme and Component activities are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP/UNODC rules and procedures.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNODC;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self –management and emotional intelligence.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches:
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNODC’s Goals:
- Performed analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses;
- Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for global advocacy work and adapts it for use at country level.
- Ability to implement project/programmes components for results, including the ability to translate strategic aims into achievable annual work plans and prepare inputs to project/programme reports in a timely manner;
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues and establish partnership with government authorities, local authorities, CSO’s and within UNODC;
- Sound judgment and maturity to foster a positive work environment;
- Familiarity with national legislation in a health care sphere;
- Demonstrated strong analytical, coordination and facilitation skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters’ degree or equivalent in public administration, business administration, project management, medicine, health, political or social sciences, or another relevant field;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in medicine, drug dependence treatment, in component/project/programme coordination, policy development and analysis, managing teams or project component, social policy, local governance or other relevant fields;
- Experience in leading teams, carrying out analytical work, preparing brief, reporting and contributing to reports is a strong asset;
- Experience in reform (preferably dependence treatment sector), advisory and advocacy services, and capacity development would be considered as an advantage;
- Work experience within government institutions will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.) and handling of web-based management systems, data-based management;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Instruction: If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 07, 2019