IFES шукає кваліфікованого молодіжного координатора на посаду консультанта.
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії»
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women and persons with disabilities.
0 The Youth Coordinator will be assisting with the introduction of IFES’ civic education course “Democracy: from Theory to Practice” and coordination of voter education campaign at Ukrainian higher education institutions.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Co-facilitating extracurricular civic education activities for university students (camps, retreats, lectures, trainings etc.);
- Assistance with organizing extracurricular civic education activities for university students (including logistical support, coordination with the participants, contributing to the materials of the activities etc.);
- Gathering and evaluating M&E data from the conducted extracurricular civic education activities and voter education campaign events;
- Gathering photo and video materials of the conducted extracurricular civic education activities and voter education campaign events;
- Assistance with the implementation of students’ action projects;
- Monitoring the implementation of students’ action projects;
- Drafting reports on the implemented students’ action projects;
- Providing information for course’s pages on social media (opportunities for students, news on the action project implementation and other relevant information);
- Reviewing and providing input to IFES’ voter education materials (leaflets, one-pages etc.);
- Ensuring communication with higher education institutions on the implementation of IFES’ voter education campaign at the higher education institutions;
- Assisting with organizing a ToT for university students (including logistical support, coordination with training participants etc.);
- Ensuring the implementation of IFES’ voter education activities by the students;
- Ensuring the dissemination of voter education materials at the higher education institutions;
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of voter education campaign at the higher education institutions (including attendance of events conducted by the students).
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field;
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience;
- Prior experience in organizing events and logistics;
- Proven experience working with youth and students;
- Knowledge of civic education and elections preferred;
- Excellent English and Ukrainian language writing skills;
- Ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision.
Period of performance: June 14, 2019 – June 13, 2020
Level of Effort: 100 days
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and letter of interest in English, with “Application for Youth Coordinator and name of the applicant” in the subject line, to Kateryna Makhova at firstname.lastname@example.org copying Maksym Palamarchuk at email@example.com no later than June 04, 2019.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.