Офіс ООН з координації гуманітарних справ OCHA Ukraine оголошує конкурс на посаду спеціаліста офісу. Дедлайн – 07 червня 2019 р. (далі - англ.).
Більше можливостей для працевлаштування у розділі «Вакансії»
Application Deadline: 07/06/2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: FTA local
Post Level: G6
Expected Duration of Assignment: 1 Year with possibility for extension
The Field Associate (FA) works under the overall supervision of the Humanitarian Affairs Officer of the OCHA Office in Donetsk. This position provides the essential interface between the UN system, members of the NGO community, local and national disaster management authorities. The Field Associate keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions and humanitarian partners on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor. The incumbent is as well assigned to support effective and efficient functioning of the field office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures and organization of office information flow.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to OCHA Office in Donetsk in preparedness and emergency response:
- Support a constant information flow between the relevant authorities and OCHA Office in Donetsk on conflict/disaster related information;
- Support coordination of humanitarian assistance by national and international partners;
- Provide support to NGOs, the UN and national and local authorities in strengthening their disaster response capacity by:
- Support mapping of emergency response preparedness capacities;
- Support inter-agency information management platform for emergency response preparedness;
- Support development of common operational data for preparedness and response;
- Monitor early warning indicators and assist in preparation qualitative/quantitative reports;
- Support preparation and update of situation reports following any new development and emergency situations;
- Support collecting of standardized and qualitative information from individual agency by cluster approach;
- Coordinate training needs identification of staff members;
- Support circulation of relevant early warning information amongst NGOs and UN partners.
- Support the dissemination of relevant information to the in-country Humanitarian partners and authorities as appropriate;
- Ensure support for all other administrative and substantive processes required for successful fulfilment of OCHA mandate in Ukraine.
Administrative/field support functions focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of reports in accurate and timely manner;
- Ensure supervision of travel services and provision of support to personnel during field missions;
- Collection of data and other information relevant to OCHA and report to the supervisor accordingly;
- Gather and process information on humanitarian needs and responses;
- In coordination with humanitarian partners, assist in provision of assistance in the areas of information and coordination management;
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities, humanitarian partners as requested by supervisor;
- Support interoperability and data exchange within UN agencies and NGOs;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Supports facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing through:
- Identification, documenting and drafting of best practices and lessons learned;
- Participation in training for staff on administration and other related areas;
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results:
The key results have an impact on the success of preparedness and emergency response of the humanitarian community in Ukraine within specific areas of coordination and information sharing. In particular, the key results have an impact on the design, operation and programming of joint inter-agency preparedness and emergency response activities.
Building Strategic Partnerships :
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts:
Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues;
Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening interoperability with partners and stakeholders.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches:
Level 1.2: Enhancing processes or products:
Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline:
Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position;
Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
Ability to perform a broad range of activities aimed at supporting an effective and efficient functioning of the office, including data/ schedule management, maintenance of protocol, information flow;
Keeping full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrating corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education. Undergraduate university degree in Political Science, International Relations, Administration, Philology/Linguistics or other related field is desired but is not a requirement.
6 years (with secondary education) or 3 years (with Bachelor degree) of progressively responsible experience in office management, support in coordination or other related field is required. Familiarity with UN system and the field of humanitarian affairs is an asset;
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
Fluent written and spoken English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS/NO categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 07/06/2019
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDPwebsite, section jobs and apply online. More information and application details.