Tetra Tech ES, Inc. (Tetra Tech) шукає спеціаліста з теплопостачання для аналізу, розробки рекомендацій та реформування ринків теплопостачання в Україні.
District Heating Specialist
USAID Energy SecurityProject
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), “an independent agency of the United States federal government” and “the world’s premier international development agency and a catalytic actor driving development results”, and implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based “leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development”.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP will work closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. (Tetra Tech) is currently looking to fill a position of a District Heating Specialist to help analyze, recommend and implement district heat market reform activities in Ukraine. This position reports to the Energy Market & Institutional/Regulatory Advisor (EMIRA). The position is based in Kyiv with occasional travel to other cities in Ukraine.
- Initiate analysis, provide insight and presentations on the district heat industry in the Ukraine.
- Undertake fundamental research and actively share insight with management, members and key stakeholders, working with other advisors to develop a portfolio of relevant information.
- Contribute to reports, insights and technical papers as agreed with ESP management.
- Proactively develop and implement a plan for introduction of heat markets, as approved by ESP management. Develop recommendations for heat market reform and engage with stakeholders. Ensure data and information are managed effectively, efficiently and securely across Ukrainian heat sector.
- Coordinate and manage analytical and consultant activities for heat industry reform. Build relationships with key internal and external contacts through establishing regular conversation and networking.
- Undertake projects and fulfil other duties, including facilitating and reporting on meetings, as may reasonably be required.
- Contribute to communication strategy and related communication plans to support heat market reform in Ukraine, as approved by ESP management, and contribute to implementation. The manager is responsible for technical messages to underpin ESP communications activities regarding heat sector reform.
- Help to deliver key messages on Ukrainian district heat market reform to target audiences both in EU and USA, in line with ESP branding and marking guidelines and requirements.
- The District Heating Specialist must have at least 10 years of experience in the energy sector and understand the Heat sectors of Ukraine and its stakeholders’ knowledge in various components of the energy sector especially in Heat market.
- The Specialist must be able to speak, read and write fluently in both English and Ukrainian with proven expertise in business and technical heat industry.
- Successful candidate must have excellent drafting skills and strong presentation and negotiation skills, understanding of competitive commodity markets is preferred, as well as, the technical, financial, economic mechanisms that are interrelated in the creation of a fully functioning heat market in Ukraine. The candidate must be able to analyze difficult situations and formulate actions that can lead to desired results. The candidate must have experience of work with data sets, have excellent numerical skills and problem structuring.
- The Specialist will closely associate with representatives from Government of Ukraine, NEURC, MECI and other stakeholders that have influential authority over decision-making in Heat market.
- A strong ability to listen and communicate a clear message of purpose to these groups that have varied interests and diverse viewpoints is clearly desired. Training and mediation experience will be considered an advantage.
- A university degree is required, preferably in business management, electrical engineering, finance and/or public relations.
- The Specialist will work under the Terms of Reference and, particularly, will prepare (either alone or jointly with international and Ukrainian consultants) studies and other work aimed the new Heating Market Implementation, including creation of heat market rules of Ukraine with the EU energy market guidelines.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.