Офіс ООН з координації гуманітарних справ OCHA Ukraine оголошує конкурс на посаду спеціаліста з управління інформацією. Дедлайн – 21 лютого 2019 р.
National Information Management Officer (OCHA)
Location: Kramatorsk, UKRAINE
Application Deadline: 21-February-19 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: FTA Local
Post Level: NOA
Expected Duration of Assignment: 1 year with a possibility of extension
The National Information Management Officer works under direct supervision of the International Information Management Officer (P-3), supporting the information management activities of the UN OCHA Office in Ukraine. The National Information Management Officer will support the establishment of the Ukraine Integrated Information Management and Monitoring Unit (UKRIMMU) to ensure smooth facilitation of humanitarian and development information exchange, monitoring and the promotion of data and information standards. S/he will also be responsible for providing information management coordination support to cluster partners working in Ukraine.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of Information Management systems and strategies;
- Support to establishment and operation of UKRIMMU;
- Support to Information Management database development and data analysis;
- Effective functioning of UN OCHA Office in Ukraine software packages;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and inter-cluster knowledge sharing.
Key Responsibilities in areas of Preparedness and Emergency response:
- Manages information to support UN OCHA and the United Nations system, as well as partner organizations to establish and facilitate robust information management system to prevent, mitigate, manage, and recover from humanitarian emergencies;
- Provides support and implementation of strategic and technical approach to managing information in humanitarian and development programme cycles, including supporting common information processes, collection of sex and age disaggregated data, needs assessments, strategic planning, resource mobilization, implementation and monitoring;
- Develops and maintains humanitarian and development information management applications including, Who-does-What-Where datasets, common operational datasets, contacts information, and online platforms;
- Engages with counterparts in government to ensure that information activities are consistent with national standards and practices, coordinated and, wherever possible, integrated;
- Develops strong links with information management focal points in other organizations to help clusters to identify their priority information requirements and to promote coordination and information sharing among organizations;
- Maintains the primary data and information elements that are required internally and externally to support inter-cluster coordination and humanitarian decision-making;
- Supports strategic and operational decision-making by collecting, processing, analyzing data and information and presenting it in the format most useful for analysis (e.g. reports, maps);
- Supports development of monitoring framework which includes the Humanitarian Programme Cycle (HPC), United Nations Partnership Framework (UNPF) and other related activities to guide the work on the Humanitarian Development Nexus/New way of working/Collective Outcomes;
- Provides graphics/design support for various presentations, as well as the layout of reports, and development of high quality visual products (typically these are: Infographics, maps, tables, graphs, photos);
- Assists with the development and perform maintenance tasks for humanitarian web platforms in Ukraine;
- Provides design and development support to databases, spreadsheets and other data tools: understand, document and ensure the quality of high value humanitarian and development data for accuracy, consistency and comparability;
- Supports data preparedness activities in support of UN OCHA’s response preparedness and contingency planning efforts;
- Establishes and maintains an information network at the national level to facilitate the open exchanges of humanitarian and development information, the promotion of data standards, common platforms and information sharing protocols, in particular those developed and endorsed by the Inter-Agency Standing Committee;
- Supports technical staff in the development of templates, applications to support the collection and processing of context specific humanitarian and development data (e.g.: affected population, displaced populations, demographic and vulnerability data, results of common rapid needs assessment etc.);
- Supports the advocacy, communication and reporting functions of the UN OCHA Office through the collection, processing, storage and retrieval of documents, including images, of emergencies and vulnerability, as well as relief operations;
- As required, organizes and maintains UN OCHA’s internal file and contact management systems;
- In collaboration with the Information Services Section (ISS) and the Field Information Services Section (FISS), applies global information management standards, policies and procedures to support related activities within the Office;
- If required, deploys for a period of several weeks to affected regions in Ukraine to assist the set-up of emergency information management structures and tools;
- Maintains a catalogue of coordination and development products, including meeting schedules, contact lists and related information products;
- Any other related tasks as required by UN OCHA.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the UN OCHA Office in Ukraine including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking Information Management Officer has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in information systems, information science, engineering, disaster and emergency management, or related area is required. Bachelor`s degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience can be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Up to two years of progressively responsible experience in managing geographic information systems or related field including experience with ArcGIS, MapInfo or other GIS tools;
- Experience of support to management of hardware and software platforms, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications, and database development is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Drupal, PHP, ASP programming and format encoding is an advantage;
- Experience in graphic design, multimedia and products branding an advantage;
- Experience in the design and development of surveys, including user requirements, form design, survey implementation, data entry, cleaning and analysis an advantage.
Fluent written and spoken English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the NO categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 21/02/2019
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDPwebsite, section jobs and apply online. More information and application details: