ПРООН шукає Youth Engagement and Volunteers Specialist. Дедлайн - 25 січня 2019 р. (далі - англ.).
The ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine has had a direct and highly negative impact on social cohesion, resilience,livelihoods, community security, and the rule of law. Recognizing the need to urgently address reconstruction, economic recovery and peacebuilding needs in areas affected both directly and indirectly by the conflict, in late 2014 the Government of Ukraine requested technical assistance and financial support from the international community to assess priority recovery needs. In late 2014, the United Nations, the World Bank and the European Union conducted a Recovery and Peacebuilding Assessment, which was endorsed by the Cabinet of Ministers in mid-2015. In response to the situation, in 2016, UNDP has established a Project Office in eastern Ukraine with a view to consolidate and deliver the various recovery and governance projects through a comprehensive, area-based Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme (RPP) in five conflict-affected oblasts: Donetsk and Luhansk (Government Controlled Areas), as well as Zaporizhzhya, Dnipro, and Kharkiv oblasts. RPP frames UNDP’s interventions in Eastern Ukraine to address the recovery needs of conflict affected population and communities. The Programme Component has three components focusing on: (1) economic recovery and restoration of critical infrastructure; (2) restoration of governance and support to decentralization reform; (3) strengthening community security and social cohesion.UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of the Youth Engagement and Volunteers Specialist (YEVS) to apply innovative youth and volunteers development approaches and integrate them in new policies/strategies/services related to youth engagement at hromada and oblast level.
The main Project Office is in Kramatorsk, with sub-office in Sievierodonetsk. Youth Engagement and Volunteers Specialist will work under the direct supervision of Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist (Component Lead), operational supervision of Community Security and Social Cohesion Coordinator and overall supervision of RPP Technical Specialist and is responsible for providing support to the implementation of the programme activities. The YEVS will also be required to support close coordination with Community Mobilization Specialist, Civil Society Engagement and Capacity Development Specialist, Community Mobilization Officers, Social Cohesion Advisor in activities related to giving young people a voice to articulate their needs and participate in policy decisions and implementation, developing and promotion of the model of civic engagement of young people.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of Community Security and Social Cohesion Component Lead and overall supervision of
Technical Specialist, RPP providing support to the implementation of the programme activities:
- Provide substantive input to the Programme outputs and ensure timely implementation of Programme’s activities, including reporting on progress vis-à-vis planned activities and expected outputs;
- Provide the professional platform for networking and partnership building with the youth and volunteers networks, national and local authorities, non-government, private sector and international development organizations or projects;
- Collect, analyze and interprete data on youth and volunteers development in the country, region and globally. Ensure availability of an up-to-date information on all critical issues related to youth development and volunteers related areas;
- Contribute to the development of extra-curricular civic education courses in schools (based on UNDP experience elsewhere), with the goal to integrate these courses in the local schools’ curriculum;
- Provide training to volunteer organisations of young people in leadership, community organizing, life skills, and active citizenship;
- Support youth to gain critical understanding of their societal problems through narrative workshops (developing narrative as a tool for community dialogue that leads to qualitative-evidence based stories, developing critical observation of their surrounding environment, sharing personal experiences and stories). Such evidenced-based narratives by youth at local level can be powerful in influencing policy deliberations not only at community but also at national levels, setting priorities, and proposing policy solutions;
- Training youth workers (based on UNDP’s Civic Education trainings for youth worker), in particular in the areas near the contact line, to promote young people’s activism for social cohesion and peacebuilding and participation in the development of their community;
- Innovative and gender equitable youth engagemnet and empowerment models developed, tested and promoted;
- Youth active life style concept updated and promoted;
- Model of civic engagement of young people developed and promoted;
- Evidence based strategic planning for gender equitable youth development supported;
- Share knowledge and best practice experiences about the youth serving systems and resources available to youth;
- Organize and facilitate youth development activities; co-facilitate peer led activities; facilitate evidence based programs and workshops on youth engagement and volunteering, additional pro-social and recreational activities;
- Initiates public information forums as needed;
- Coordinate activities related to the Programme implementation with other UN agencies (in particularly UN Women, UNFPA, FAO). Ensure the development of cross-project linkages with other relevant UN projects and programmes and other stakeholders’ projects for mutually reinforcing impact;
- Coordinate and supervise the work of Programme experts and consultants, including the preparation of the terms of reference, facilitation of recruitment and monitoring of work/results;
- All other assigned by the supervisor tasks;
- Ensure full compliance of Programme activities with UNDP rules, regulations and procedures.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment
- Full and appropriate implementation of the Youth and Volunteers related activities;
- Programme’s overall results, experiences and lessons learned disseminated at the national and regional levels.
Performance indicator for evaluation of results
- Youth engagement and volunteers related activities of the workplan are fully and timely implemented;
- Regular and ad-hoc reports are prepared in high quality and timely manner.
- People Management;
- Ability to translate strategic aims into achievable annual work plans;
- Good interpersonal communication skills, including ability to handle politically sensitive issues and contacts within government authorities and CSO’s community and within UNDP;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, good facilitation skills;
- Strong training and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of group dynamics, customer maintenance techniques, influencing skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred;
- Detailed orientation and good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple and continuously evolving priorities required;
- Profound knowledge of strategic documents and good understanding of the modern trends in Youth Policy at national, regional and global levels;
- Familiarity with national legislation in the area of youth development and volunteers;
- Experience of working with actors involved in youth development;
- Excellent usage of computers and office software packages.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Social Development or other relevant area;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of youth engagement and volunteers development or relevant fields;
- Good knowledge and understanding of policies and innovative models of youth and volunteers engagement;
- Experience in delivering capacity development, advisory and advocacy services to the civil society in the relevant fields;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 25 January 2019.