The overall objective of this assignment is to contribute to enhancement of ICT capacities of QDCP, which would in turn enable the Commission to enhance accountability, efficiency, effectiveness, and transparency in the conduct of its functions. Specifically, the selected Consultant will under the overall supervision of the Programme manager, and guidance of the ICT Advisor, validate the ICT needs of the QDCP and develop technical and functional specifications for automation of the Commission processes related to its main functions. Development of specifications would provide basis for procurement and implementation of the identified solutions.
The scope of this assignment includes identification and analysis of the QDCP ICT needs, provision of the technical and functional specifications, and conduct of the market research for the IT proposed solutions. In addition, the selected Consultant will develop a high-level plan for implementation of the designed IT solutions. The technical and functional specifications should be prepared for:
- Automation of processes related to the core functions of the QDCP including but not limited to:
- The selection of candidate prosecutors to local PPOs and transferring of prosecutors to PPOs of higher level (including but not limited to development of the technical and functional requirements for the Commission’s own electronic testing and practical assignments evaluation IT solutions; and development and implementation of the electronic profile management solution for the candidates)
- Dismissal of prosecutors, including the Prosecutor General
- Disciplinary proceedings against prosecutors (including but not limited to implementation of an electronic disciplinary proceeding system; and improvement of the current automated complaints distribution)
- Introduction of Electronic Document Flow System that would be interoperable with the systems of relevant stakeholders (PPO authorities, High Council of Justice, Supreme Court)
- IT infrastructure - building network independent of the PGO and the National Prosecution Academy of Ukraine complying with appropriate security requirements and standards.
The outputs shall be the following:
- Technical and functional specifications for concrete IT solution(s) identified in the Scope Section of this Terms of Reference (ToR) by including implementation and support/maintenance plans. The study should consider only on-site server infrastructure (not cloud-based) for deployment, hosting and maintenance of the proposed solutions
- Market research study for the chosen IT solutions
- Provision of advisory support at the later stage of the project implementation (e.g. tender procedure for software development) based on the received technical and functional specifications document.
Methodology Principles and Framework
The Consultant will be responsible to carry out the Assignment. He or she shall ensure that all the proposals listed in the Scope Section are developed in collaboration and are duly agreed with the beneficiary institution, and that the implementation of the proposed IT solutions is realistic and feasible taking into account the level of funding, human resources, ICT maintenance, as well as the material infrastructure available to the beneficiary institution.
The Assignment will at least include the following phases: preparatory activities, assessment and analysis, development of technical and functional specifications document for the proposed IT solutions, drafting, finalisation, and presentation of the Final Report.
Within preparatory activities, the Consultant will:
- Meet UNOPS and the EUAM in order to: reconfirm the Assignment objectives, scope, and methodology, and to obtain background information relevant for the task. Close communication with the UNOPS and the EUAM must be maintained throughout the conduct of the Assignment.
- Organise meetings and other functions that will be conducted within the Assignment
- Conduct desk research of the relevant documentation, including of available researches, studies, assessment and relevant national policies
- Prepare the Inception Report that will detail the assignment methodology and the work plan. Only upon the approval of the Inception Report, the assessment work should commence. The Report should be maximum five pages long, in English language.
The identification and analysis of needs should at least include:
- In-depth interviews and or group discussions with the representatives of the beneficiary institutions. Interviews and or group discussions with representatives of the QDCP and other relevant institutions, as per need and or request from the UNOPS
- Analysis of the interview findings and conduct of additional research as necessary. The consultant will prepare the draft Report that will include interim findings, lessons learned, and recommendations
- The draft Report will be discussed with the beneficiary institution, UNOPS, and the EUAM. The consultant will consider feedback provided to the draft and edit the Report accordingly.
Preparation of the technical and functional requirements for IT solutions, including conduct of market research, costing plan, and high-level implementation plan.
The Final Report, which should be produced in English and have maximum 30 pages, excluding Annexes, should be presented at the event that will at least include the beneficiary institutions, the Delegation of the European Union, the EUAM, and UNOPS.
The consultant may propose possible modification of the methodology that would facilitate more efficient and more effective conduct of the task.
While UNOPS and the EUAM will assist the conduct of the Assignment with provision of part of relevant documentation, identification of stakeholders and beneficiaries, and provision of office space for the conduct of the presentation of the Final Report, the conduct of the Assignment and delivery of quality products remain the sole responsibility of the consultant.
While following the above outlined methodology, the selected consultant will perform the key technical activities:
5.1 Review work related to QDCP ICT needs and capability done to date
5.2 Map the QDCP operational processes
5.3 Review current systems in place
5.4 Develop detailed technical specifications for an automated solution(s) covering the areas in the Section 3 of this ToR
5.5 Conducting a market research for the proposed IT solutions
5.6 Maintenance plan with resourcing and timeframe.
By signing the contract, the consultant agrees to hold in trust and confidence any information or documents (“confidential information”), disclosed to the consultant or discovered by the consultant or prepared by the consultant in the course of or as a result of the implementation of the contract, and agrees that it shall be used only for the purposes of the contract implementation and shall not be disclosed to any third party. The consultant also agrees not to retain copies of any written information or prototypes in its own archive and for its own use.
The format of the draft Report should be suggested in the Inception Report.
The services are expected to be delivered from the January 2019 – until March 2019.
University degree - master’s or bachelor’s in computer science, engineering or mathematics or other relevant fields.
Minimum seven (7) years with a master’s degree OR nine (9) years with a bachelor’s degree of relevant and proven professional experience after having completed his/her studies is required
At least three (3) years working with software and hardware solutions used in large enterprises is required
Experience in the design and implementation of complex software with multi-layered architectures
Knowledge of data modelling or data administration;
Experience in building and designing solutions that run in virtualized environments
At least three (3) years of experience relevant to the assignment at issue in/with the public and/or security sector proven by the track record
Solid knowledge of web services
Fluency in written and spoken English and Ukrainian is required.
For more details about the vacancy and application, please follow this link: