Humanitarian Affairs Specialist (National UN Volunteer) will be serving for UNOCHA, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers. In this context, UN Volunteers take part in various forms of volunteerism and play a role in development and peace together with co-workers, host agencies and local communities. In all assignments, UN Volunteers promote volunteerism through their action and conduct.
The National UN Volunteer will be serving for UNOCHA, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. Since establishing country presence in Ukraine in 2014, OCHA has played a catalytic role in ensuring effective and principled delivery of humanitarian assistance to millions of people in need on both sides of the contact line.
Humanitarian Affairs Specialist
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences or a related field.
A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related area.
- Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is desirable.
- English (Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Ukrainian (Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian (Mandatory) , Level - Fluent
Area of Expertise:
- Mandatory: Emergency response, immediate relief operations, and post-conflict humanitarian aid operations.
- Optional: Crisis and conflict prevention, mitigation, resolution and reconciliation.
Please apply on the UNV Web-page: