IFES шукає кваліфікованих кандидатів на посаду менеджера з питань гендеру та інклюзії. Термін роботи - 12 місяців з можливістю продовження. Дедлайн для резюме та мотиваційних листів - 25 січня 2019 року.
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Gender and Inclusion Manager. The Gender and Inclusion Manager shall oversee the design and implementation of all IFES Ukraine’s gender and inclusion related programmatic interventions in line with approved proposals, budgets, workplans, and performance monitoring plans. The Gender and Inclusion Manager will represent IFES at the national and international level at relevant public and private events and will ensure IFES leadership and support to improve the engagement of women and other marginalized groups in electoral and political life.
Under the direction of the IFES Ukraine Head of Programs, the Gender and Inclusion Manager’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee the implementation and design of all IFES Ukraine activities related to gender and inclusion;
- Develop and maintain high-level relationships with government partners, donors, implementers, civil society, and other stakeholders in relevant gender/inclusion spaces;
- Mainstream gender and inclusion topics into IFES programs and interventions;
- Coordinate with IFES Ukraine programmatic teams to ensure effective implementation of gender and inclusion programmatic activities in line with approved objectives;
- Build capacity of IFES staff to incorporate gender aspects into related programs and interventions;
- Represent IFES at the national and international level and ensure IFES leadership and support to improve the engagement of women and other marginalized groups in electoral and democratic processes;
- Develop and manage implementation plans, arrange and facilitate programmatic strategy meetings on gender and inclusion;
- Ensure programmatic implementation is in line with workplan(s), budgets and program descriptions on gender and inclusion;
- Coordinate with administrative teams to ensure effective handling of all matters of planning, compliance, branding/marking on gender/inclusion products;
- Lead efforts to plan and organize events, workshops, trainings, etc. as necessary in support of gender and inclusion focused activities;
- Ensure regular and timely programmatic reports related to gender and inclusion to donors and IFES HQ;
- Ensure regular and timely contribution to monitoring & evaluation data collection and reporting, in a gender sensitive and specific manner;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and specifications:
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated experience working on gender/inclusion related issues;
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Business awareness and numerical ability;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
- Value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically;
- Ability to manage staff and work with senior management.
Education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant field, Master’s preferred;
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience on gender/inclusion issues;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in the democracy and governance field;
- Demonstrated experience working with senior government officials, local governments, NGOs, and the international donor community;
- Good understanding of electoral administration and reform;
- Excellent management skills;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in managing components of international development funded programming;
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel;
- Excellent knowledge of Ukraine’s media and civil society landscape and stakeholders;
- Excellent knowledge of political issues and elections;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills to meet the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Experienced in organizing events, logistics, and managing personnel.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs and letters of interest in English, with “Application for Gender and Inclusion Manager” in the subject line, to Viktoriia Opryshko email@example.com no later than January 25th, 2019.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.