USAID/Ukraine Energy Security шукає менеджера грантів.
USAID/Ukraine Energy Security through Competitive Energy Markets project started in July 2018 in Kyiv, Ukraine and will be operating country-wide with the mission to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment and to increase resilience of energy supply, which will help Ukraine to achieve broad-based, resilient economic development to sustain country’s democracy.
The Grants Manager will to be responsible for assisting the team in the design of grant awards to be provided to Ukrainian organizations. S/he will support the team with reviewing grant applications, negotiating grant awards, and finalizing design of the grant award, before review by Tetra Tech Home Office in Arlington, VA.
This position will be based in Kyiv. Occasional travel in Ukraine may be required. The Grants Manager will report to the Operations Director and Chief of Party (COP).
• Manage the grants component of the program.
• Assist in the overall design and management of all grants issued under the program, working closely with the COP, Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), DFA and Home Office team.
• Provide day-to-day management of all aspects of the grants process, including the design and distribution of grant solicitations, review and selection of grantees, issuance of grant awards and agreements, implementation of the grant activities, and closeout of awards.
• Develop and implement procedures for awarding grants under contract.
• Lead the team that evaluates grant applications, proposals and awards to ensure grant compliance.
• Ensure proper negotiation of terms for sub-grants and analyze budget estimates consistent with USAID grant/program requirements.
• Ensure full compliance with the policies, practices and procedures relating to all aspects of grants discussed in the grants manual. This includes specific procedures relating to grant development, grant awards, grant implementation, grant monitoring and evaluation and grant closeout.
• Maintain the grants tracking database and oversee accurate reporting and documentation by grantees to ensure achievement of grant and program results.
• Assist in program monitoring and evaluation under grant management policies and practices.
• Maintain close coordination with grantees during execution of the grants.
• Track milestones, compliance, timelines and deliverables, in coordination with the CSO specialists.
• Approve narrative reports and work closely with the Accountant to ensure the compliance of narrative and financial reports in conjunction with milestone deliverables.
• Hold orientation sessions for grantees.
• Develop and communicate best practices in award compliance to ensure that program staff and grantees understand and adhere to relevant USAID and the grant and subcontract policies.
• Liaise closely with home office and serve as the primary focal point for the field office and home office in grant issues.
• Prepare regular reports on grantee performance and signal any significant delays or other issues that impact implementation. Notify COP of any grantee project not able to meet their obligations and work to remedy these situations as they arise.
• Perform additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business administration, or relevant; Master’s preferred.
• Minimum three (3) years relevant experience working in grants.
• Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is strongly preferred.
• Experience with collection and analysis of accounting data.
• Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines.
• Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
• Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian required
Deadline for applying for these positions — by COB, Friday, 18 January 2019,
Kyiv local time.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The ESP is not obligated to fill this position.