Команда підтримки реформ при Мінфіні шукає Cтаршого проектного менеджера/юриста (Податкова реформа). Дедлайн - 13.01.2019 р. (далі - англ.).
The Reform Support Team (RST) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-public servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists the Ministry in the design and implementation of sectorial strategies and priority reforms.
Competencies of the RST include the following core capacities:
Economic and legal analysis (preparation of reform proposals supported by evidence-based analysis, preparation of policy and legal drafts, regulatory impact assessment etc.), and Reform program planning, implementation and coordination (inc. performance indicators, progress reports, program management, monitoring and coordination, project proposals preparation etc.).
RST MoF was launched in October 2016. Currently the RST MoF is helping the Ministry to implement six priority reforms: Development of the Public Finance Management Strategy; Public Administration Reform and Capacity Building in the Ministry of Finance; Tax Reform, State Fiscal Service (SFS) reorganization and Establishment of the New Finance Police Service; Customs Reform; Optimization of Social Security System; and Reform of State-Owned banks and Improvement of International Financial Cooperation process.
The Senior Project Manager/Legal Advisor will ensure the coordinated actions of Reform Support Team on Tax and Customs Reforms, SFS reorganization and Establishment of the New Finance Police Service.
Duration and proposed timeframe:
Duration of assignment is until 31.12.2019 year with starting date not later than February 1, 2019, including a 2-month probation period.
The Consultant shall deliver services in Ukraine and for no less than working 20 days per calendar month.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Coordination and facilitation of reform implementation process in the area of:
– legal review of documents, produced by the Reform Team within the scope of the reforms support provided to the MoF;
– legal comments on cases and issues, considered by the Reform Team within the scope of the reforms support provided to the MoF;
– legal review, comments and recommendations in drafting of evidence-based policy and Reforms proposals;
– legal input to training and capacity building of Reform Team.
b. Reform Teams support in the area of:
– project management support (development of project/reform implementation plan, risk management, change management, etc.);
– conducting events, round tables, working groups, conferences and forums, delivered or organized by the Reform Team, to engage stakeholders on key reform themes and policy proposals;
– preparation of timely and quality reports and status updates on implementation progress.
Main anticipated deliverables:
– Legal support in drafting of the primary and secondary legislation related to Tax and customs reforms, SFS reorganization, establishment of the New Finance Police Service from the perspective of their compliance with Ukraine’s tax, corporate, commercial law, court and appealing procedures;
– Legal support in participation at different working groups on various issues, related to tax, customs policy, SFS reorganization, establishment of the New Finance Police Service;
– Legal oversight input on communication plan of the particular reform developed and implemented;
– Regular progress reports on reform development and implementation to the Reform Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Qualifications and skills:
– Master’s degree, preferably in finance, economics, business administration, law;
– Strong organizational management, communication and presentation skills;
– PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word; Visio is an asset);
– Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
General professional experience:
– Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience;
– Minimum 5 years of experience in audit, tax, financial economics, research and analysis.
Specific professional experience:
– Proven professional experience in audit procedures and knowledge of respective regulations;
– Good understanding of tax system is an asset;
– Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine, good understanding of policy formulation process is an asset;
– Experience with government entities and their mandate and processes is an asset;
– Experience in harmonization of Ukraine legislation with the EU legislation and standards, is an asset;
– ACCA, CPA certificate is an asset.
– Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams is an asset.
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 1200 to EUR 1800. The funding source of this assignment is the [EBRD-Ukraine Stabilization and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account / the European Union]. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English only and be delivered electronically by January 13, 2019 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must include a completed Application Form, the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and Reference Letter from a recent supervisor.
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are completed will be considered.