Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Procurement Manager.
Chemonics seeks qualified specialists for the USAID Ukraine Democratic Governance East (DG East) Activity. DG East aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in Eastern Ukraine and effectively promote civic awareness, social entrepreneurship, citizen engagement, and the benefits of broad integration into the Euro-Atlantic community through more responsive local governance in areas most affected by conflict and divisive influences. The position will be based in Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk. Applicants should please designate their preferred location.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· The Procurement Manager will respond in a timely manner to procurement requests, in coordination with the Activity Management Unit, including the Activity Implementation Manager and the Grants and Subcontracts Manager, to oversee procurements conducted in accordance with Chemonics procurement policies and USAID FAR and AIDAR regulations in support of operations and technical activities.
· The Procurement Manager will assist as needed, under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party and in close collaboration with Activity Management Unit, to coordinate with local and regional vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurements of requested commodities and services.
· Monitor contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions. Will maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file.
· Assist with the project’s commodity management tracking system and provide accurate information.
· Will provide procurement status reports and inventory summaries as requested by project staff.
· The Procurement Manager will travel as required to inspect, confirm delivery, and facilitate disposition of equipment at grantee sites.
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field
· Strong management and administrative skills, preferably with respect to managing and backstopping standard and in-kind procurements/grants.
· Strong understanding of USAID procurement regulations, particularly FAR and AIDAR.
· Ability to coordinate with external partners and monitor counterparts and subcontractors or grantees.
· Ability to work in a multinational, multicultural environment.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and time management.
· Computer literacy: MS windows applications (word processing, excel, spreadsheets, etc.).
· Fluent Ukrainian and Russian language, and proficient English language.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with their technical area of expertise and preferred location listed in the subject line by January 11, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”